Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak Repair at Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Leak Repair at Filter

From Pool School:

"Many leaks that cause water loss are found at the equipment pad where you can see the water coming out of a connection ' if you can see the leak we can tell you how to stop it. If you can't see any drips around the filter system you can figure out if it is in the plumbing by checking the pool itself."

OK, so I have a leak at the connector on the cartridge filter that is constantly dripping water. Pool School says that you can tell me how to fix it, but I can't find anywhere where it actually tells me.

If anyone can give me a little advice, I would really appreciate it.
    Mighty Sun/Asahi Midland Bracelss Oval 21 ' x 41' ft with a 6.5 ft deep end! 30,000 gallons of FUN
    Hayward Xstream Cartridge Filter with 150 1.5HP pump
    Pentair Aqualuminator
    Pentair Great White Cleaner/Pool Rover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leak Repair at Filter

Quote Originally Posted by mpatrick14
    From Pool School:

"Many leaks that cause water loss are found at the equipment pad where you can see the water coming out of a connection ' if you can see the leak we can tell you how to stop it. If you can't see any drips around the filter system you can figure out if it is in the plumbing by checking the pool itself."

OK, so I have a leak at the connector on the cartridge filter that is constantly dripping water. Pool School says that you can tell me how to fix it, but I can't find anywhere where it actually tells me.

If anyone can give me a little advice, I would really appreciate it.
    The article also said that there were so many set ups that the info would have to be asked for 8)

-Ted

The leak at the cart filter is most probably an incorrectly seated o-ring, or the union is not tightened enough! Simple stuff, if you're familiar with pool plumbing. I realize that it could also be the pressure gauge or the tank o-ring, but without more info, it becomes a guess.

Any chance of getting a little more detail as to where the leak is or, better yet, a pic of the system and the leak??

As the article said, we will help with this, but we need to know exactly what's going on
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)