New Pool Build - Frisco TX

Feb 17, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hi, we just signed our contract last week. We are currently waiting for permits so our PB can start digging soon. I'm a first time pool owner, so any help would be really appreciated. Here's the summary:

- 99’ Perimeter with 544 Square Foot surface area Pool & Spa
- 93’ Perimeter with 493 Square Foot surface area Pool
- 35'6" x 18" - 18,500 gal.
- 3.5’ x 5.5’ x 4.0’ Recreational Pool
- 6” Spa raised w/(8) Waterway Therapy Jets / Massage Jet Package
- 1.5 QT Air Blower/ Spa Fountain / Tiered Stone Spillway
- Jandy 60 Sq. Ft. DE Filter w/ backwash line
- Jandy 2.0 HP Variable Speed E-Pump / Energy Efficient
- Jandy LXI 400,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater / Energy Efficient
- Jandy iAqua Link RS PR4 Controls Auto Controls w/ Wireless Remote
- Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner w/ Dedicated booster pump (Thinking about dropping this and getting a Dolphin M5)
- Rainbow 320 Inline Chlorinator
- (2) LED Pool Lights and (1) LED Spa Light
- (2) 12” Stone Scuppers in Raised Wall Section W/ Extra Actuator
- 700 Sq. Ft. of seeded Aggregate Decking
- 12” Oklahoma Stone Pool Coping & 18” Oklahoma Stone Spa Cap
- 18” Oklahoma Stone Walls w/ Concrete Footings
- Wet Edge Luna Quartz Interior Finish (Bermuda or Montego)
- 12 L.F. of retaining wall on Right Side of Pool
- 2 Pool side Outlets at Back of Pool
- Super Steel structure w- 5/8” Beam Steel & 1/2'’ body curtain.

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 656
  • Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 645
  • PoolPlan.jpg
    PoolPlan.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 644
That is a nice layout. Definitely like all the benches. Where is the other pool light going? I only see one location with 2. Equipment looks good. Pool is pretty similar to ours in size and layout. It is a great pool for playing and lounging, in no particular order.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and go find jabooh1's thread and get registered as official texans.

That is a nice layout. Definitely like all the benches. Where is the other pool light going? I only see one location with 2. Equipment looks good. Pool is pretty similar to ours in size and layout. It is a great pool for playing and lounging, in no particular order.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and go find jabooh1's thread and get registered as official texans.

Pooldv that (2) it is a typo... there is only one there. The other one is on the right side by the bench close to the tanning ledge.

From a light distribution standpoint, I think you have them in the best places. The one on the right will be visible from the house/main viewing area - which isn't ideal, but I think the other possible locations will either be less desirable from an illumination perspective or be more "in your face" while viewing the pool. That said, neither of your current locations will be too visible from the spa which is nice. I'd keep them as is.

I agree that the lights are pretty well located in the best possible places. The only other option that I see is to move the right one to the wall on the left side of the tanning ledge about where it rejoins the side. But, that will put it mostly facing the spa which might not be ideal.

Thank you guys for the feedback... what about the Jandy iAqua Link RS PR4. I think I will be able to connect to the Pool/SPA/Lights/and Water features, but the PB wants like an extra $1,000 to upgrate to a PR6. Is it easy to DIY if I want to upgrate to a PR6 or PR8 in the future? Or even dont get an iAqua Link and do it myself later?

I love the steps leading to the spa, I would have done that in an instant if we thought about it. We decided to upgrade to the PS6 from the PS4 that the builder offered, but it was no where near the 1000k cost. I don't have the breakdown, or I would give it to you. If I had it to do again, I would get the PS8 as I would like to add landscaping lights, etc... and be able to control program them with the controller. Email Zodiac directly and ask them if you can upgrade after the fact. I asked our PB questions that they could not answer, so I contacted zodiac directly and got fairly quick responses from them.

So I was planning to do the BBB way, but when I told my wife that we were going to have a lot of bleach in our house she did not like the idea (we have 3 little ones in the house, and for some reason she thinks tabs are better than bleach for the pool). I told her the other option would be a SWG, but since we will have Oklahoma Flagstone do you guys think that would be a bad idea? or if we apply a good sealer to the stone we should be good?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh snap, you have entered into the great saltwater/flagstone debate! :-D

Put me in the column that supports saltwater and flagstone with no sealer required or desired. I am a huge fan of SWCG, i will never have a pool without it. My flagstone is doing fine after three seasons. About to start the fourth season soon! At this point I have no worries that my flagstone will last a decade or more. I am more than willing to be the no sealer test case poster child for this forum. Do a search and you will find hundreds, if not thousands, of posts on the topic. I probably have 100 posts myself.

nice rendering, I didn't know there were mountains in Frisco Tx :p

as far as the SWCG and flagstone, most will tell you to at least seal it. My poolbuilder actually recommended using a different material. As far as i'm concerned, it's debatable and online searches on the subject will present opinions where people act as if salt water is like acid and is responsible for rusting furniture, destroying nails in the house and ending the world.

nice rendering, I didn't know there were mountains in Frisco Tx :p

as far as the SWCG and flagstone, most will tell you to at least seal it. My poolbuilder actually recommended using a different material. As far as i'm concerned, it's debatable and online searches on the subject will present opinions where people act as if salt water is like acid and is responsible for rusting furniture, destroying nails in the house and ending the world.

Lol funny I didnt notice the mountains until you mentioned it! :D

Okay guys we finally got some movement today! :D and we should get plumbing tomorrow

17093701675_a69361aeed_c.jpg

17093703535_f8c9a7956c_c.jpg

17093709305_27fe713045_c.jpg

16471262794_024e3cce42_c.jpg

16471264874_789f5cd8d1_c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.