Hello Everybody - I have a lot of work to do!

Mar 10, 2015
Orlando, FL
Hello from Orlando!

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you and participating on this site. I have a lot to learn.

I bought a single story home with a large 32,500 gal 8+ feet deep 18 X 45 feet rectangular pool that I knew needed resurfacing when I bought the home. I'm hoping that the pool in its current condition will last the summer and I can attack my needs this fall. Probably not all at once. Unless I hit the lotto. Here's my project list so far.

1. Resurface gunite pool
2. New tile
3. New decking
4. Screen enclosure - have a large screened in porch facing pool, will remove current screening as enclosure is constructed. One neighbor has some trees that are an issue
5. Sun shelf construction
6. Replace and add pool lighting - in and out of pool
7. Solar rooftop heating system
8. Pool cover with reel
9. Conversion to salt water
10. Outdoor kitchen, bar, tiki.

Probably a lot more!

I'm starting to gather estimates from professionals. Then consider what and how much I need them to do versus some DIY.

See y'all around the other topics too, I'm sure.

J

Welcome! :wave:

First thing you need, whether or not you resurface or try to squeak through the Summer, is a proper test kit. Without it, you're working blind. There have been so many tales posted here of how much money the pool store got without ever once getting the water clear, that I can assure you, the kit will pay for itself in no time.

I also agree with Richard so much so that my friend who just bought a house with a beautiful pool is getting the TF-100 kit from me as a housewarming gift. With speed stir!! Am I a great friend, or what?! LOL :cool: