Pool Heater for a 16 X 48 Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Mar 10, 2015
Toronto/Ontario
Hi folks, first time posting on here and new to the pool experience. Just wanted to know where to purchase a pool heater for my 16 X 48 Intex above ground Ultra Frame Pool. I have a 4 month old son, and I would like to bring him in with me into the pool but worry that the water may be to cold for him. I purchased a solar cover last year which worked ok, but I don't think it is warm enough for the little guy. I've looked around on the net but haven't come across anything yet. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, welcome to TFP! What would work best for you depends on how much you need to raise the temperature, how often you plan to use it, and how much you are willing to invest in the project. If you just need to raise it a few degrees a couple of solar panels used with the solar cover may be your best bet. The panels need a good sunny location in close proximity to the pool. For any pool heater you would need to upgrade the plumbing on the pool from hoses to ridgid PVC, and if you have the stock pump and filter system that came with the pool it may need upgrading as well.

Having the pool in full sun will help the water heat up, and keeping the solar cover on overnight helps keep more radiant heat in the pool.

Welcome to the forum Bobberdom :wave:

What kind of temperature were you running last year and what temp are you wanting ??

Being that far north it's likely you'd need a gas/propane heater or heat pump. Nice thing is they would also let you open sooner and stay open longer. Number of choices and difference in capabilities and price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.