No suction for vacuum line - how to troubleshoot?

Following up from my other thread on autofill, I also have an issue with the vacuum line port. When the filter pump is running, there is no suction at all at the vacuum line port. I can easily open the door covering the port and when dangling a leaf in front of it, nothing happens. My pool has a valve which adjusts the skimmer/vacuum suction balance and I assume this pool does as well, but is it possible that it could be 100% to the skimmer? Wouldn't that be too much?

As a side note, the pool has a second pump which looks like it only runs the waterfall feature as that has no effect on anything else, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, the vacuum line port is directly in line with the Fluidmaster autofill valve in the ground. Is it possible that the port is something other than a vacuum line port? How would I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

I run mine with 100% from the skimmer. Sounds like there is a valve somewhere that needs to be adjusted. Can you post a picture of the equipment pad?

BTW, my pool has a wall suction line that used to be used for a separate waterfall pump. I replumbed it into the main pump and will now use it for a suction cleaner.

Maybe I should read the entire thing before I start typing :hammer: If this port is directly inline with the auto-fill, then that is likely where the water is added to the pool (although odd if there is a cover on it).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.