Troubleshooting Autofill

My sister just bought a new house and I volunteered to maintain her pool since I now know how to do it with a minimum of effort thanks to this forum. :thumleft: The pool guy didn't do much except dump chlorine into the pool weekly for $90/month. The skimmer basket was full and the floor was filthy (not a covered pool). The water was in decent shape, so that saved me time. I replaced the filter cartridge for a clean start and added borates. The pool looks great.

Her equipment is almost exactly like mine, so that makes things very easy for me. I upgraded her to an iAquaLink so I can monitor things remotely. There are a few differences, however, which is what I need help with. One is an autofill, which is this thread, and the other is on the cleaner, which I will post separately in the other section.

TLDR - I have a question on autofill.

In the ground, there is what appears to be a standard Fluidmaster toilet tank valve. I tried pressing it down, but don't hear any water flowing. Across the pool is a 1 inch PVC pipe sticking out of the wall about 6 inches, which looks like it should fill the pool. Any ideas where I should start troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

Sounds like that supply water to the autofill is turned off somewhere. So start looking for a water valve ;)
There should also be a backflow prevention valve on it.

Are you saying there is a PVC pipe that sticks out of the pool wall 6"? Odd that it is not cut flush :scratch:

Sounds like that supply water to the autofill is turned off somewhere. So start looking for a water valve ;)
There should also be a backflow prevention valve on it.

Are you saying there is a PVC pipe that sticks out of the pool wall 6"? Odd that it is not cut flush :scratch:

Yes, it sticks out of the wall 6". Will take a picture and post when I am there later this week and will also look for a valve. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.