Service Truck Stocking

jeremy8886

In The Industry
May 23, 2012
I am not sure if this is the right section to post this, however I just wanted to connect with some other service technicians out there and find out what you think the most important things to keep stocked in your trucks are (parts, chemicals, tools, etc...) during the pool season? I realize this may vary, and there are thousands of parts out there but whatever your top 5 must have's are.

Cheers.

For me it depends what time of the year it is

spring (opening season) Teflon tape, various o-rings for pumps filters coordinator, magic lube, various skimmer and pump baskets , plugs for pumps and filters and opening chems

Summer ( maintenance season) after my pools are opened I keep a lot of my maintenance chems extra nets brushes plumbing fittings and pipe leaf blower vac heads and hoses

Fall (closing season) trash pump extra gas extra winterization plugs cover anchors and springs closing chems

I always keep my tool bag and a portable pump and filter on my van

Well I have at least $10,000 in parts for gas heaters on my van every day. Of course being in FL I work year round. Very rarely do I ever have to make a second trip to a customers house for a repair. Certain parts I keep multiples of, pressure switches, ignitors, sensors, etc. Then once I use two of the parts, I restock it.

What exactly do you do? Are you a pool cleaning guy or do you just service pool equipment?

Thanks for the feedback. I do both service and pool maintenance. Like most other techs I don't like to make two trips when one well stocked trip will do..haha. So I am just trying to figure out what I need to get most of the jobs done. The large variety of products in our field can make service a bit of a headache sometimes.

I appreciate your posts and will post back once I have a rough outline of a stock list to see what everyone thinks.

Cheers

If you do it long enough you will know what common parts to carry. Very few are universal though. A pressure switch for a heater is universal with one small reducer for one particular heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.