Attached spa to pool air button question and heater

Ms506s

Mar 8, 2015
Naples fl
Hello! I am a new home owner in southwest florida. We just bought a beautiful home that has a 40 by 20 pool with an attached spa. On the ledge of the spa there is a hole that had a black suction like button and a hole that seemed to be a tube. I believe that when the button when sealed is pressed it activates the spa blowers when the valve is properly positioned. Since the button isn't sealed it does not work and I believe bc of our heavy rainy season there may be a lot of water in there. How do I fix this issue so the air is blowing with the button?

There is also a Hayward electric spa heater by the pool pump. House is 7 years old. When you turn the heat on the red light doesn't turn on. There is a breaker attached to the home outside and we flipped it and still no light for the heater. Any ideas? I'm new to having a private pool and spa and trying to figure this all out. Please help!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think it might help some people understand your question if you were to add some pictures of this button and tube.

Also, Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Yeah I would but I haven't moved in yet so I'm not sure. I guess I'll wait until move day. But as far as the ledge of the spa there is a hole that has a tube and a black cylinder almost like a 2 inch circumference goes over the hole and it pushes air to the spa jets controller by the pool pump about 50 ft away. Is there a way to clear that out?

I finally closed on house. The heater for spa does work when the water is switched to spa only. My question now is how do I operate this pool pump?
8218ec039eb06759ed8222e8252ade37.jpg

007138b7e2a526c301f614bbeecd116c.jpg

I don't know what to keep open or closed. Haven't found much help on google either . I have it set on a timer once a day for 5 hours. But I don't know what valves to keep open or what not. Any help appreciated!

Matt
In-ground pool
20000 gallons
Hayward pump
Attached spa

Is that tiny little thing a heater for the spa? Is it meant for pools?

The valves to the right of the pump are the suctions valves. The big grey one switched between pool and spa. Looks like spa mode in the picture. Normally you would leave it in pool mode. The 3 valves choose where you have suction from. If you are not using the cleaner, then I would fully open the skimmer (it is mostly closed in the picture) and slightly open the main drain. If you are using the cleaner, then I would fully open that and partially close the other 2 until the cleaner has the right amount of suction.

The big valve in the back is on the return line to select between the pool and the spa. You should NEVER have it in the position shown in the picture because that is blocking all the flow.

That tall white thing is for chlorine tablets ... we do not recommend you use those unless you understand all the things they change and actually need those things.

Have you discovered Pool School? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Jblizzle thank you! I did shut the breaker off to the pool pump so it will not kick on until this weekend when I take what you shared with me and my dad comes over . I do really appreciate it. And the little grey white box is a Hayward spa heater only. I'll get to that one day were in swfl

Update. I did figure out how to operate the pool pumps and it is working great thank you! Below is a picture of the pool, I am going to bring a sample down to the pool company but was wondering what is the easiest way to get the algae out. When I brush it the green comes right up In a cloudy white dust.
8af9265f6a64daee1d68902a3263dc8f.jpg

Does anyone know about Hayward spa heaters? I turn on the breaker and have spa to spa flow only thru pool and it makes a buzzing noise but no heat. Looks like a ground wire is connected from heater to pump to the ground under the ground.
2f45924ebad19b4709f06ca290d215dc.jpg
38c3b19f621f2f68f012fa70473d493e.jpg
74b4158a5e0861d034422e639fdf8ba9.jpg

It is electric and I kept checking the flow into the spa from the jets to see if it would heat up and nothing happened. Stumped!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.