Introducing Myself

Feb 28, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I've been exploring the site for a couple of weeks now (or as my husband calls it "going down the rabbit hole") as we are building our first pool. Seems like a great community you have here and I thought I should introduce myself and say hello. We're building a 37 1/2 x 20 rectangular pool with inpool spa and baja step. We decided not to go the pool builder route and are doing this on our own as owner builders (with some help from a family friend who was in the pool excavation business a decade or so ago). I've really enjoyed following many of your build threads and am considering doing one of my own. But I'm a little nervous to do so because I don't know if the thesis will be "Why being owner builders was the best decision of our lives" or "Why being owner builders was the worst decision of our lives." It's too early to tell. We're 12 days into the endeavor and have checked excavation, steel, plumbing and initial electric install off the list. No turning back now! But still soooo far to go.

Anyway. Hi! I'll see you around.

Welcome! Please do post a detailed thread on your owner builder pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support