Pool First Aid by Natural Chemistry

Apr 8, 2008
We just used this product, Pool First Aid, as we had it left over from out last pool store manipulation fest. I decided why not toss it in since I had already $PAID$ for it the last time we had a disaster. Anyway, this stuff worked wonders. I have not seen problems with my numbers because of it...I think it got us in the pool 5-7 days earlier than without...this late in the season it was worth it!

Can you list the ingredients of the product? And, like Richard asked, tell us what problem it cured? How do you know it cured your pool 5-7 days quicker? What were you using prior to this product?

We had just hit the killed algae stage, very cloudy white water just hours from lime green. We were at the phase that usually takes another week for things to clear up, I put this junk in and the best way I can describe it "coagulated" all the stuff into an easy to vac material at the bottom, leaving the pool crystal clear within hours of dumping it. Within 24 hours of killed algae we we were in the pool. Had clear water witin less than a day from green and good numbers per our other test kits/pool store....I just got my TF100 but there are some things I need to run by the maker first on my Alkalinity and CH tests.

I wouldnt have gone out and bought this stuff, just had it laying around unused from the last Leslies screw job, before I found this forum

You have to understand this was not your typical pea soup issue, it was MUCH worse. Try a pool in TX OFF for 2 weeks, plus mounds of dirt shot into it from the broken pipe :grrrr:

This site says that the product is a combination of enzymes and a polymer clarifier. Since everything settled to the bottom, this is essentially a flocculant. Using OMNI Liquid Floc Plus would likely accomplish the same thing and for those that are impatient or that have poor circulation in their pools, use of a flocculant is certainly an option. Of course, you need to be able to vacuum to waste.

Was your pool looking worse than the one in this link? This took about 4 days to clear and is pretty typical -- it's usually not faster than 3-4 days and usually not longer than 7 days unless there is a problem with circulation or the chlorine level isn't maintained or regular brushing not done. In any event, a flocculant is effective and faster, but at a cost so it's clearly a personal choice as to which way to go.

Richard

Oh yes it was much worse...like I said 2 weeks off in the TX Sun, 100+ degree and lots of dirt tossed in the pool through a broken pipe; plus we have crudy paper filters which we cleaned 2-4 times a day. Like I said, I wouldnt run out and buy it unless you wanted to save some time...if it were early in the season, say opening then no...but this was a laying around the house, I had already paid for it and it got us in quicker! In this heat I would pay 20$ for a day early! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.