Under Construction in Cypress Texas

Alright, I got the email stating the reason no work was performed was because of the 15 days of rain in April.

I called the GM and we discussed the rain issue. He told me the reason for the 3 week delay is because I requested to meet with him about holding a percentage of the funds until successful start up. He said as soon as I requested this meeting, my project was put on hold, and I became the lowest priority in terms of work and my project went to the end of the line.

Alright, I got the email stating the reason no work was performed was because of the 15 days of rain in April.

I called the GM and we discussed the rain issue. He told me the reason for the 3 week delay is because I requested to meet with him about holding a percentage of the funds until successful start up. He said as soon as I requested this meeting, my project was put on hold, and I became the lowest priority in terms of work and my project went to the end of the line.

Holy h*ll! That is NOT ok! I am sorry :(

How much do you owe in terms of %?

That is SO unprofessional! Are they on Yelp or such in your area? I think I would even start looking into talking to the news and seeing if they would be interested in doing a story.

HUGS! They are trying to pressure you to go ahead and pay. I hope you are able to hold out.

Kim

How much do you owe in terms of %?

That is SO unprofessional! Are they on Yelp or such in your area? I think I would even start looking into talking to the news and seeing if they would be interested in doing a story.

HUGS! They are trying to pressure you to go ahead and pay. I hope you are able to hold out.

Kim

I owe about 33%.

I have asked to break ties with the company and close out the contract, and the GM says he will relieve the decking portion of the project, but not let me out of plaster and startup.

The PB wants to deck form on Wednesday, which means I write another big check, but will not give me the date of when the deck will be poured. I have asked to write that big check when they pour the concrete but he says no, and will take me off the schedule if I do not pay the day of deck form. I do not want to write another big check, and wait on deck pour for another two weeks.

Lots of water has been sitting in the gunite shell for over a month. I have asked several times for it to be pumped out, due to the mosquito problem. Last Saturday the super came out and said there were no pumps available, and throws shock in the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where's Marvin Zindler when you need him..... For non-local or new to the area people, Marvin, since passed, was well known for being a whistle blower reporter for a local news station. And if curious, look him up - quite an interesting guy. He's probably most famous for his part in closing down one of our most well-known "ranches" in Texas. People loved him or resented him.

Sorry, I got side-tracked. I think Kim has a good idea. I think there is an Amy Something on channel 2 who does investigative whistle-blower type reports. Probably each of the major local stations has someone like that. This pool company should not be allowed to get away with their treatment of you.

I'll ask our PB if he has any suggestions. (if I can get hold of him...) He says he does about 4 'clean-up' pools a year for home owners who have been left high and dry, usually by companies who fold or run off during a build. Of course, being local, he may not want to say much.

Surely this isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe more people will respond if you either begin a new thread about these problems or edit your thread title to highlight the trouble.

Another thought - is your PB on Angie's List? They sometimes mediate between the customer and service provider. I think they may require you to be a higher paying member for that service, but it would still be cheaper than an attorney.

I'm just trying to brainstorm to see what options you may have. Again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Take care. Suz.

Where's Marvin Zindler when you need him..... For non-local or new to the area people, Marvin, since passed, was well known for being a whistle blower reporter for a local news station. And if curious, look him up - quite an interesting guy. He's probably most famous for his part in closing down one of our most well-known "ranches" in Texas. People loved him or resented him.

Sorry, I got side-tracked. I think Kim has a good idea. I think there is an Amy Something on channel 2 who does investigative whistle-blower type reports. Probably each of the major local stations has someone like that. This pool company should not be allowed to get away with their treatment of you.

I'll ask our PB if he has any suggestions. (if I can get hold of him...) He says he does about 4 'clean-up' pools a year for home owners who have been left high and dry, usually by companies who fold or run off during a build. Of course, being local, he may not want to say much.

Surely this isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe more people will respond if you either begin a new thread about these problems or edit your thread title to highlight the trouble.

Another thought - is your PB on Angie's List? They sometimes mediate between the customer and service provider. I think they may require you to be a higher paying member for that service, but it would still be cheaper than an attorney.

I'm just trying to brainstorm to see what options you may have. Again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Take care. Suz.

Thanks for the suggestions Suz.

I remember Marvin... "Slime in the Ice Machine!"

Rborn, we haven't heard from you in awhile. I hate to think of you getting discouraged, but I would understand. Hopefully, you're just tied up with work. Give us an update when you get a chance. Sending positive thoughts your way. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.