Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

OK, so made first trip to Walmart to look at bleach. It says 6% and no date but a few numbers. How do I decipher that to know how old the bleach is? Seems like most people's Walmart carries 8.25%. is it somewhere different in the store? I was in the laundry aisle.

Thanks!

For those people in Texas, so far HEB still has 8.25% store brand. It was also reduced in price to $2.59, so I stocked up. The reduced price worries me that they might be selling out the stock and switching to 6%. Best date code was 18 060.

OK, so made first trip to Walmart to look at bleach. It says 6% and no date but a few numbers. How do I decipher that to know how old the bleach is? Seems like most people's Walmart carries 8.25%. is it somewhere different in the store? I was in the laundry aisle.

Thanks!

Check out the calendar in my signature. You should see something like 18 030 on the bottle, that means the 30th day of 2018. This calendar lists the day of the year for each day so you don't have to count.

Hello. Is there a similar thread for acid? I'm located in East Valley Phoenix area. Any local tips would be greatly appreciated.

Go online and see of there are any HASA dealers near you - http://www.hasapool.com/dealer_locator_hasa.php

HASA supplies their dealers with muriatic acid and chlorinating liquid in refillable 1 gallon jugs, typically sold in a 4 jug safety carrier. My local dealer (eKonomy Pools) sells the muriatic acid for $4.75/gal with a one-time, refundable $6 deposit on the safety carrier. At that price, the acid is a little cheaper than buying it from the pool stores and using the refillable jugs means no empties to dispose of.

I have not purchased liquid chlorine, but it's price makes it a good buy over store bleach since it's 10% LC, usually very fresh and comparatively priced.

Check out the calendar in my signature. You should see something like 18 030 on the bottle, that means the 30th day of 2018. This calendar lists the day of the year for each day so you don't have to count.

Lightmaster, the pool bleach at Walmart is near the garden center in the pool aisles.
They don’t stock it there year round though.
I’m in Texas but I am new here, so I don’t know when exactly “pool season” begins at Walmart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lightmaster, the pool bleach at Walmart is near the garden center in the pool aisles.
They don’t stock it there year round though.
I’m in Texas but I am new here, so I don’t know when exactly “pool season” begins at Walmart.

My Walmart was stocking the pool isle in mid February when it was 33 degrees outside, lol.

Most bleach has the year like 018 as the year and then a 3 digit number. The 3 digit number is the Julian date. Reference the link I posted.

Julian Date Converter

The 3 digit code after 18 (ie 18 020) is called the day off the year and is a continuous count of the days within a single calendar day. Today's date in that format would be 18 082. The Julian Calendar you posted returns
[FONT=&quot]2458200.500000 for today, which looks nothing like a bleach date code.[/FONT]

Here in the Connecticut the best place that I've found to buy liquid chlorine is Ocean State Job Lot. 1 gallon of 12.5% @ $2.99. Once they start stocking for the season it is always fresh.

My Walmart in Houston has the 2pk of 10% chlorine 128oz per bottle in the pool section again. Currently $6.44 with a Feb 2018 date code. Nice and Fresh and stored indoors

I'm so glad I ran into this site. I was not aware of how important those dates are. I seen Home Depot had a HDX Liquid Chlorine 3 pack for $10 @ 10% which made it slightly cheaper than Walmart but all their bottles are end of 2017. Lowes has the next best deal with their 10% fluid. Slightly more expensive but you can buy a Lowes Gift card on retailmenot with 7% discount and this ends up making it slightly cheaper than walmart. I never had a chance to look at their dates though. I ended up getting from local Walmart which had some 2017 dates but found some 2018 with 38 (First week of Feb?). I was thinking I had to find a date ahead of my current date but sounds like these are some of the freshest from your feedback.

What is the best source for home delivery of bleach? It is a lot of trouble going to walmart or anywhere else and lugging home those heavy bottles. I don't mind paying a little more for home delivery, but Amazon is outrageously expensive, like over $7.

What is the best source for home delivery of bleach? It is a lot of trouble going to walmart or anywhere else and lugging home those heavy bottles. I don't mind paying a little more for home delivery, but Amazon is outrageously expensive, like over $7.

It would be expensive no matter what as liquids are costly to transport in large quantity and, at 8.4lbs/gallon the stuff weighs quite a bit (as you already know). You might consider installing a Stenner liquid chlorine pump and then you could get a 15 gallon barrel and only fill it up a few times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support