Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I checked the HASA box (2x1) and there is no symbols indicating you can recycle any of it including the box on the packaging. I think the only re-cyclable is the one you pay a deposit for and bring back.

How can you tell what the percentage chlorine is in the bleach. Most bottles don't indicate that anywhere

They usually say on either the right or left side of the label, should be listed as Sodium Hypochlorite. Regular bleach is 6%, concentrated is 8.25%, liquid chlorine is 10%, and liquid shock is 12.5%.

Wal-Mart, 10% Liquid Chlorine in Katy, TX. $3.64. I go through less of it than buying the 8.25% bleach from Home Depot ($2.99).

Hi - I too am in Katy area. Which Walmart has the liquid chlorine? Are they pretty fresh. I'm in process of getting pool built and bought a few gallon bottles of Kem Tek brand 10% chlorine from Lowes off of I-10 and Fry. Freshest dates were from May of this year with some going back to Dec 2016. Price is $3.70 but can be as cheap as less than $3 if you use the many $15 off $50 lowes coupons that are available.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi - I too am in Katy area. Which Walmart has the liquid chlorine? Are they pretty fresh. I'm in process of getting pool built and bought a few gallon bottles of Kem Tek brand 10% chlorine from Lowes off of I-10 and Fry. Freshest dates were from May of this year with some going back to Dec 2016. Price is $3.70 but can be as cheap as less than $3 if you use the many $15 off $50 lowes coupons that are available.

The walmart by Katy Mills has the two packs of 10% chlorine for $6.44. I cannot find the bottling date. The code on there is something else, but it seems to work fine in my pool.

The walmart by Katy Mills has the two packs of 10% chlorine for $6.44. I cannot find the bottling date. The code on there is something else, but it seems to work fine in my pool.

The 2 packs have the date on the box only, no the bottles, and some of Walmarts newer individual bottles have the date under the label, on the small area of the bottle still on the side of the bottle but below the label.

How much is it per gallon? Do you need to bring your own refillable container?

Price is $7.50 per 2.5 gallon jug. No, you do not bring your own refillable container, rather you purchase the jug initially as a one time fee ( I think it was about $5-6). I do however get an in-store coupon every several visits that allows you a fee chlorine refill. My initial cost has already paid for itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support