Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #181

Re: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I checked the HASA box (2x1) and there is no symbols indicating you can recycle any of it including the box on the packaging. I think the only re-cyclable is the one you pay a deposit for and bring back.

2. Back To Top    #182

How can you tell what the percentage chlorine is in the bleach. Most bottles don't indicate that anywhere

3. Back To Top    #183

Quote Originally Posted by pacman777 View Post
    How can you tell what the percentage chlorine is in the bleach. Most bottles don't indicate that anywhere
    They usually say on either the right or left side of the label, should be listed as Sodium Hypochlorite. Regular bleach is 6%, concentrated is 8.25%, liquid chlorine is 10%, and liquid shock is 12.5%.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG - 6,700 gal - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear 40 sqft cartridge - installed 6/30/17 - high iron well water - My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger - PoolMath - TF100 test kit - Recommended Chemical Levels - Extended Test Kit Directions - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Chlorine Date Code Calendar (<90 days) - Polyfill Iron Removal

4. Back To Top    #184

If it doesn't indicate a value, assume 6% or below.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #185

Any suggestions for the Main Line area in the Philadelphia suburbs? Our best source closed down this year, leaving me paying $22 for a 5 gallon carboy of 12%. The out of business vendor was charging $15 for the identical item.
    33k, IG Pebble, 1.5hp Challenger, Pentair FNS, TF-100

6. Back To Top    #186

Wal-Mart, 10% Liquid Chlorine in Katy, TX. $3.64. I go through less of it than buying the 8.25% bleach from Home Depot ($2.99).
    18.5k gal, IG, Quartzscape Aruba Sky Caribbean, Hayward Cartridge, 2.5HP Hayward Tri-Star VS (3 - Pool/Spa, Waterfall/Slide, Weeping Rocks), Apr 2017 install, Taylor 2006 Test Kit, 6x9 Spa w/Hayward 400k BTU, Hayward Omnilogic 8, Hayward Tigershark Robot

7. Back To Top    #187

Quote Originally Posted by JarCar View Post
    Wal-Mart, 10% Liquid Chlorine in Katy, TX. $3.64. I go through less of it than buying the 8.25% bleach from Home Depot ($2.99).
    Hi - I too am in Katy area. Which Walmart has the liquid chlorine? Are they pretty fresh. I'm in process of getting pool built and bought a few gallon bottles of Kem Tek brand 10% chlorine from Lowes off of I-10 and Fry. Freshest dates were from May of this year with some going back to Dec 2016. Price is $3.70 but can be as cheap as less than $3 if you use the many $15 off $50 lowes coupons that are available.

8. Back To Top    #188

I buy on Wednesday's from Leslie's Pool Store (2.5 Gallon @ $4.90)- They double punch my card that day so after I purchase 5 jugs (x2), I get a free jug.
    IG Plaster 15k Gallon Pool - Built in 1984 - Cartridge Filter - 1 Speed Pump

9. Back To Top    #189

If you live near the Nassau/Suffolk border in Long Island, Twin County Pool has 15%+ liquid chlorine for $3.75 per gal. You need to bring your own carboy or buy one though.
    5900 gal Oval 17' x 12' x 54" Sharkline Navigator 54 AGP; 1.5 HP Hayward Power-Flo LX Pump; Hayward EC65A DE Filter; AquaComfort XL ACT-750 Heat Pump;
    Hasa 8 gal Liquidator;
    TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir

10. Back To Top    #190

Quote Originally Posted by rbbakeriii View Post
    I buy on Wednesday's from Leslie's Pool Store (2.5 Gallon @ $4.90)- They double punch my card that day so after I purchase 5 jugs (x2), I get a free jug.
    Do you know if all Leslie's stores offer this kind of sale and double punch?

2.5 gallons for $4.90 is already very cheap, do you know the % strength?
    In Ground Pool, ~40k gallons, Pebble Tech, Intelliflo iQ60 SWG, RayPak 406 Gas Heater, Sand Filter, Variable Speed pump, seems to get alot of sun, but no debri. built in 2006. TFT XL Test Kit, with SpeedStir. Water from hose March.2017 used to fill FC=0, pH=7.2, CH= 375-400, TA=240.

11. Back To Top    #191

Does anyone know where to buy cheap bleach around Baton Rouge LA?
    34K gal, IG,plaster,Triton II sand filter,Pump 1.5 HPCenturion Type CX, pool ~20 years old, using TF-100 test kit, have in-floor Polaris Caretaker99, location is Zachary, Louisiana

12. Back To Top    #192

Jacksonville FL

Walmart double pack liquid chlorine $6.44
    Ace Hardware $3.50
    15K gal Coleman Ultra Frame 26' x 52" AGP, Coleman cartridge filter/pump 2500 GPH
    TF100 test kit in sunny FL

13. Back To Top    #193

Quote Originally Posted by spinPHD View Post
    Any of my AZ peeps know a place that does refillable jugs of 12% liquid chlorine in Ahwatukee, South Tempe area? All the HASA distributors I've checked near me only sell the 10% gallon jugs at a higher price and don't do refills.

poolsupply at Mcqueen and Elliott in chandler

14. Back To Top    #194

Hi - I too am in Katy area. Which Walmart has the liquid chlorine? Are they pretty fresh. I'm in process of getting pool built and bought a few gallon bottles of Kem Tek brand 10% chlorine from Lowes off of I-10 and Fry. Freshest dates were from May of this year with some going back to Dec 2016. Price is $3.70 but can be as cheap as less than $3 if you use the many $15 off $50 lowes coupons that are available.
    The walmart by Katy Mills has the two packs of 10% chlorine for $6.44. I cannot find the bottling date. The code on there is something else, but it seems to work fine in my pool.

18.5k gal, IG, Quartzscape Aruba Sky Caribbean, Hayward Cartridge, 2.5HP Hayward Tri-Star VS (3 - Pool/Spa, Waterfall/Slide, Weeping Rocks), Apr 2017 install, Taylor 2006 Test Kit, 6x9 Spa w/Hayward 400k BTU, Hayward Omnilogic 8, Hayward Tigershark Robot

15. Back To Top    #195

Quote Originally Posted by JarCar View Post
    The walmart by Katy Mills has the two packs of 10% chlorine for $6.44. I cannot find the bottling date. The code on there is something else, but it seems to work fine in my pool.
    The 2 packs have the date on the box only, no the bottles, and some of Walmarts newer individual bottles have the date under the label, on the small area of the bottle still on the side of the bottle but below the label.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG - 6,700 gal - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear 40 sqft cartridge - installed 6/30/17 - high iron well water - My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger - PoolMath - TF100 test kit - Recommended Chemical Levels - Extended Test Kit Directions - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Chlorine Date Code Calendar (<90 days) - Polyfill Iron Removal

16. Back To Top    #196

I just slamed my pool successfully with 12.5% liquid chlorine. 2.99 a gallon from ocean state job lot here in MA.

17. Back To Top    #197

I live in Texas and the Pinch a Penny refills here are 10%. Definitely the cheapest I have found in my area.
    Cypress, TX - 22,000gal IG, Wet Edge Pebble - Northshore Tahoe, Jandy Cartridge Filter - CV340, Jandy Variable Speed Pump - VSSHP270AUT
    Jandy Booster Pump - WFTR80, Jandy Gas Heater - JX1400N, Pool Cleaner - Polaris 9350 Sport, Build - 7/08/2017
    Water Testing Kit: Taylor K-2006 Accessories: 12" Raised Spa with Rolled Edge

18. Back To Top    #198

Quote Originally Posted by Doclmb View Post
    I live in Texas and the Pinch a Penny refills here are 10%. Definitely the cheapest I have found in my area.
    How much is it per gallon? Do you need to bring your own refillable container?

19. Back To Top    #199

How much is it per gallon? Do you need to bring your own refillable container?
    Price is $7.50 per 2.5 gallon jug. No, you do not bring your own refillable container, rather you purchase the jug initially as a one time fee ( I think it was about $5-6). I do however get an in-store coupon every several visits that allows you a fee chlorine refill. My initial cost has already paid for itself.
    Cypress, TX - 22,000gal IG, Wet Edge Pebble - Northshore Tahoe, Jandy Cartridge Filter - CV340, Jandy Variable Speed Pump - VSSHP270AUT
    Jandy Booster Pump - WFTR80, Jandy Gas Heater - JX1400N, Pool Cleaner - Polaris 9350 Sport, Build - 7/08/2017
    Water Testing Kit: Taylor K-2006 Accessories: 12" Raised Spa with Rolled Edge

20. Back To Top    #200

Best price in Brighton, South Lyon Michigan area is at Martin's Hardware on Pontiac Trail in South Lyon. $2.99 a gallon for 12.5%.
    18X38 oval (20k) Doughboy above ground pool, Raypak 200k NG heater, Doughboy DE filter, 1.5 hp pump, Pentair AquaLuminatorŽ Lights; Pool in full sun all day and surrounded by lower of two decks attached to house. Taylor K-2006

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast