Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Don't the hardware stores near most of you guys sell 5 gallon jugs of 12.5%? I can get that for $15 and it works out to be less than buying bleach in almost every case. I actually get 2.5 gallon jugs for $8 each because for 50 cents i find them much easier to lug around and easier to pour into the pool.

I'm just curious - i believe in the past i have read it isn't sold in some states.

I've yet to find any 12.5% in Georgia. Best I can find is 10%

Menards--at least the one in St. Louis--has an exceedingly good sale right now. 128 oz of 12.5% for $1.77. (And the date code was mid-June.)

I bought 48 gallons and they didn't bat an eye.

Thanks for the tip! I never would have known...I loaded up yesterday at $1.77 per gallon...best deal around...and I am sure the sale will end soon.

48 gallons??? You should be set for a few years...:D

You won't find liquid chlorine online outside of pallet quantities. I have looked. 32 lbs a case and vented bottles makes for something residential shipping companies don't want to touch.

Thanks for the Menards info. darn...just got 32 at Ace last week for $2.99 for 10%...which is about the same cost per unit as Menard's regular $3.84 price for 12.5%! I'm maintaining 2 pools now so more is better tho..Perhaps another 32 at the sale price! Any leftover can be startup for next year, despite the losses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support