Chemical Storage Areas

RRD

Jul 8, 2014
NJ
So, I need a little help from somebody with a better memory than me. I know it is illegal to have a chemical storage area that is separated by a permeable barrier (like an indoor fence/gate). You need a solid barrier or the rest of the area is considered chemical storage as well. I know this, but I cannot remember the law or even if it is a federal or state thing (state is NJ). Anybody know where I can find it?

Something I have thought about for myself was one of those outdoor storage sheds they sell at Costco. Have you considered those? They are all wood sides, so I believe that would be meet any requirements. Also, they have those large Rubbermaid sheds at the BBS such as Lowes & Hm Depot, but those could possibly warp w/ extreme heat/sun, but I believe it would take years for that too happen. The wooden ones they sell at Costco downside they have to be painted every so often to protect the wood. But, they will last.

I know out in CA here, the ones they sell at/through Costco were part of one of those road shows. So, while it may not be a regularly sold item, they should have it every so often.

Since its a burough pool available to the public I presume, and people work there, it will most likely be subject to at least OSHA regulations. Possibly others as well, depending on what is being stored.

The types of storage areas, lockers, buildings, etc are also subject to the type of chemicals/ materials stored in them.

Im not quite sure you will find your answer on the TFP forum, but I wish you luck in finding it.

Thanks for the ideas on places to look. And don't worry Patrick, I already know what to do, and already did it. I just was trying to remember where the law is because the current project I'm working on at these pools is "Stop breaking laws." It's a project that got held up with old management. I'm trying to cite all the recreational bathing code and other laws in my list of all the stuff I'm fixing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.