Cover pump recommendations.

May 20, 2012
Greetings All,

I have a little giant 1700 cover pump. It cavitates constantly and only works every once in a while. I have tried everything with this pump, and am ready move on. Looking for a replacement. I have a coverstar automatic cover over a 16k gallon in ground pool. Just looking for a reliable pump that does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for the help!

Best of luck. I have tried four different brands. One brand works very well, but rarely lasts even one season, another falls over and stops running once a week, the third gets clogged with debris way too easily, and so on.

Best of luck. I have tried four different brands. One brand works very well, but rarely lasts even one season, another falls over and stops running once a week, the third gets clogged with debris way too easily, and so on.
Yep, very frustrating. I may stick it out with this one. I will try the manufacturer again for some direction, but that have not been very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

I have looked at this one. Has good reviews, but it it pretty expensive. I have even thought of not using a submersible and just running a hose with a trap on it on the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.