A couple of qyestions before i buy a SWG

Oct 26, 2014
Thailand
Ok looks like im near ready to buy a SWG after 5 months of driving a 160mile round trip each month to pick up 90L Liquid chlorine and using the trouble free pool method (which im really happy with) .The choice is limited and expensive here in Thailand the one that ive sort of choosen is a Emaux Model SSC50 -T has anyone used one of these its output is rated at 45g a hour so should be ok for my sized pool . The questions that i have are

1. They have salt flats not far from where i live that the produce salt for sell dont think there is any "processing involved" .As i drive through the area there are big bags of Salt for sell on the side of the road is this ok for a SWG or is there anything special about pool salt .

2. The electricity supply where i live is not the best i have a UPS with a digital readout on my TV/SAT/HIFI/PC that shows voltage fluctuations sometimes also it kicks in to regulate the load sometimes when the voltage drops due to load from electric shower etc . My thoughts were would it be possible to put a UPS on the SWG to balance the supply out as ive read they seem to pull about 300w so maybe a 500w UPS would do it .

1) Local salt might have a little more dirt in it compared to commercial salt, otherwise they should be the same. So at worst you might need to vacuum up some debris after adding salt.

2) Using a UPS will certainly help with inconsistent power, though it might not be needed.

1) Local salt might have a little more dirt in it compared to commercial salt, otherwise they should be the same. So at worst you might need to vacuum up some debris after adding salt.

2) Using a UPS will certainly help with inconsistent power, though it might not be needed.

Thanks for the info looking at pool math i would need around 300kg so it would be a lot easier/cheaper to buy it locally. The nearest pool shop told me local salt was no good would damage the SWG i did think BS but i didnt want to gamble .I have been using liquid Chlorine for 4 months now so there should be about 600 in there already looking at pool math after adding a total of 342L of 10% so far but i will check before i start obviously . Cant find too much about the sensitivity of the SWG for electric but if it helps i think ill get one. The cheapest branded 45g per Hour SWG i can find in Thailand is $960 hopefully it will help it last a bit longer time for some more reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.