About ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

Re: Aout ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

Haven't been following sorry. Which model are you looking at?

The Dolphin Nautilus seems like the one I need. Of coarse if there's a better one for the money, I'd be interested. I'm not really concerned with the walls or the waterline, it's the bottom that gives me trouble.

Re: Aout ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

Keep your eye peeled on epicpoolsupplydotcom.

Also amazon is a good source.

Epic runs sales early and late of the swim season. Got my nautilus for 500 from them.
I belive it was May last year when I found it.

The Dolphin Nautilus seems like the one I need. Of coarse if there's a better one for the money, I'd be interested. I'm not really concerned with the walls or the waterline, it's the bottom that gives me trouble.

if you don't care about the waterline, then any of them will be fine. I got the primal X3 off of ebay, same as supreme m3. I think it was 600 dollars maybe. I liked the green color. The oasis Z5 has 3 year warranty and was on special for 1000 or a little less, it really is a much better cleaner if you have the extra money. This X3 gets the job done but its nothing like my blue diamond was.

if you don't care about the waterline, then any of them will be fine. I got the primal X3 off of ebay, same as supreme m3. I think it was 600 dollars maybe. I liked the green color. The oasis Z5 has 3 year warranty and was on special for 1000 or a little less, it really is a much better cleaner if you have the extra money. This X3 gets the job done but its nothing like my blue diamond was.
where did you see a Z5 for $1000 or less? I've never seen or heard of it being that low.

you can also often find last years models at very reasonable prices. The models become "discontinued" due to various reasons, none of which are actually performance related. Mostly just marketing hype with an option added and call it a new model.

I saw a Z5 open box on Inyo pool site a few days ago for I think 700. I was hard for me not to pull the trigger and buy it myself!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was in a store that told me rebates start on 4/1. I can't remember if that was for Dolphin or Blue Diamond. I will try to find the notes that I wrote and repost.
Go into a smaller mom and pop store (not chain) if there are any near you and ask if they have any rebates.

open box might be only 1 year warranty, if not, that was a screaming deal. The 9100 I believe is the old polaris model and it only cleans in one direction. There was as of a day or two ago a blue diamond cleaner on ebay with a damaged box for 850.

Looks like they put a new body on it and added holes on the bottom so the water will drop out easier. Having owned a number of different robots, I can honestly tell you cheaper ones aren't as good, if you can afford the extra money, I would get one with the dual brushes on each side as they turn much much better. Also if the extra money buys a year longer warranty, its not a bad deal at all.

They have went and clouded the water again for me; they've come out w/the Nautilus Plus for 2015:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331507920286?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_0wt_0

Looks like they put a new body on it and added holes on the bottom so the water will drop out easier. Having owned a number of different robots, I can honestly tell you cheaper ones aren't as good, if you can afford the extra money, I would get one with the dual brushes on each side as they turn much much better. Also if the extra money buys a year longer warranty, its not a bad deal at all.

Thanks Rob. Would I have to go to the Z5 to get the dual brushes?

Epic has the Nautilus Plus for $709 now. I really wasn't wanting to spend that much, but I like the newer model.

Yes, you would have to go Z5 or another or another of the more expensive models to get dual motors that can turn on the floor. 709 is pretty cheap for a cleaner. I paid 600 for mine but I would have bought a better one if I could. There is a big difference from my others. Not that this cleaner is bad, its just there is definitely a difference.

1150 with free shipping for Z5 with dolphin100 promo code. 3 year warranty, That is the best deal out there. If you figure the nautilus plus has 2 year warranty, thats a little over 350 a year. The Z5 with 3 years is very little more than that per year of warranty and its a much better cleaner.

I saw the new nautilus on epic. I can tell ya, after having a nautilus for a year now and knowing what I know and experience, the handle on the new one, would be worth the extra money.
At times, if Im tired from working all day, its a bit of a pain to not have a handle on that thing for helping get it out of the water. For the money though, I still highly recommend the nautilus. Handle or not.

Thanks Rob. Would I have to go to the Z5 to get the dual brushes?

Epic has the Nautilus Plus for $709 now. I really wasn't wanting to spend that much, but I like the newer model.

I saw the new nautilus on epic. I can tell ya, after having a nautilus for a year now and knowing what I know and experience, the handle on the new one, would be worth the extra money.
At times, if Im tired from working all day, its a bit of a pain to not have a handle on that thing for helping get it out of the water. For the money though, I still highly recommend the nautilus. Handle or not.

Dave, how well does your Nautilus perform? I was torn between the Nautilus Plus (Pro) & the Z5. I got the Z5 mostly because for only 350 more I got a better cleaner and 1 more yr on warranty.

Let me know your thoughts on the Nautilus.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.