Jul 8, 2014
Lodi Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All,
I am wanting to go from my current ring pool to a Ultra Frame Pool this year. I have 3 boys ages 4 to 7. My latest ring pool was a 15'x30", which was a depth of about 24" or so. My concern is the depth of the water so that the pool is safe for my children. I wanted to get a pool that will last a few years and was looking at an 18'x48" Ultra Frame Pool. I called Intex to check the water depth for this pool and was told that the depth would be 42". With the ring pools I would fill the pool about 90% or so which kept the depth of the water a little more shallower, can you do the same with the Ultra Frame Pools or do you have to fill the pool up to the 42" depth? I don't know how deep the inlet and outlet for the pumps are and was hoping someone who has this type of pool could help me.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim, welcome to TFP.

I can't answer your question with 100% certainty, as I don't own an Intex but so many others here do so we can at least bump your topic to the top for an answer. I will say that I believe you have to fill the pool up because the intake is higher than the out put.

Someone should be by to clarify here shortly.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

There is no such thing as a safe water depth for children. A person can drown in a few inches of water. So, there MUST be supervision regardless of the water depth. The water would have to be very shallow for the kids to be able to stand with their heads above water and usually the kids seem to prefer to swim around and dive under the water.

My 4 and 6 year old girls swim like fish all over our pool (including down the slide and jumping board in the 8' deep end) ... no lessons, just lots of time in the pool and parents willing to teach them. They grow fast and will quickly learn to navigate the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do not know what a "pump inlet" is. There is a suction line to the pump and a return line from the pump to return jets.

I feel like I recall something about the Canada versions have 2 suction lines, while the USA ones only had 1. Or maybe I got that backward ... you might be able to search the forum for that information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.