Yet another Texas pool build!

I know man. I know!

Sounds like you have a good PB. the one with the real cad drawings!

I tell ya, there are likely going to be some frustrating times, but don't let it get to you. Keep your cool. Those frustating times are worth the enjoyment of what you will have when it's all done.

I know man. I know!

Sounds like you have a good PB. the one with the real cad drawings!

I tell ya, there are likely going to be some frustrating times, but don't let it get to you. Keep your cool. Those frustating times are worth the enjoyment of what you will have when it's all done.

Yeah I love the designer. I have been bombarding him with calls and email and he is supportive and makes sure my needs are met.

Here is the design.

image.jpg

awesome! I love it. When are you inviting me over for BBQ and pool party?

- - - Updated - - -

By the Way,
you now can fill out your signature so we all know your pool.

Click on Settings, just under teh Pool School button
Scroll down and on left side of the screen, you will see Edit Signature, click it
fill out your pool specifics and click the SAVE button and you're done.

;)

awesome! I love it. When are you inviting me over for BBQ and pool party?

- - - Updated - - -

By the Way,
you now can fill out your signature so we all know your pool.

Click on Settings, just under teh Pool School button
Scroll down and on left side of the screen, you will see Edit Signature, click it
fill out your pool specifics and click the SAVE button and you're done.

;)

Thanks I'll try to update it. You can come over after my stress level from the build has gone away :)

I plan on submitting the plan to the HOA today or tomorrow. I had a tree guy come out this morning to quote the cost of taking down 2 trees where the pool is going. Turns out I am paying him to remove all the cedar trees in my yard. I'll plant something better but my son is really sensitive and breaks out whenever he plays back there so it is something I needed to do.

Thanks I'll try to update it. You can come over after my stress level from the build has gone away :)

I plan on submitting the plan to the HOA today or tomorrow. I had a tree guy come out this morning to quote the cost of taking down 2 trees where the pool is going. Turns out I am paying him to remove all the cedar trees in my yard. I'll plant something better but my son is really sensitive and breaks out whenever he plays back there so it is something I needed to do.
good for you. cedar is a vile weed that needs to be eradicated by hellfire.

A Polaris with a booster pump is going to be a pressure cleaner but if you want to have the option, it's up to you. My honest opinion is that you'd be better off spending the money on a top of the line Robot. If you do, you won't find yourself using the Polaris much, if at all.

A Polaris with a booster pump is going to be a pressure cleaner but if you want to have the option, it's up to you. My honest opinion is that you'd be better off spending the money on a top of the line Robot. If you do, you won't find yourself using the Polaris much, if at all.

I probably am going to eliminate the booster pump and polaris. I really want the robot so I don't have to sweep as much ;)

Today I sent off all the paperwork for the HOA to gander over. I am hoping they don't take their sweet time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If I had it to do over again, I'd eliminate my booster pump, line and pressure vac in favor of a nice robot. When replacement time comes, I'm changing.

Just don't mistake a debris free pool with one that doesn't need to be brushed. Regular brushing helps keep your surface in tip-top shape, just like the dentist says.

If I had it to do over again, I'd eliminate my booster pump, line and pressure vac in favor of a nice robot. When replacement time comes, I'm changing.

Just don't mistake a debris free pool with one that doesn't need to be brushed. Regular brushing helps keep your surface in tip-top shape, just like the dentist says.
:mrgreen:

True, true. Especially a new finish. :goodjob:

I would agree with the others to upgrade the filter size. I have a slightly bigger pool and have a 450 sq. ft. cartridge filter that is great. It has 10 psi after a cleaning and I usually wait till it rises to 15 psi to clean again. With so much surface area that can mean cleaning at about 6 weeks, although I sometimes feel guilty about going that long so I probably average 1 per month. I have a pool cage so your results will be different. My previous pool had a way smaller filter and it need cleaning all the time, a PItA.

Last edited:
I would agree with the others to upgrade the filter size. I have a slightly bigger pool and have a 450 sq. inch cartridge filter that is great. It has 10 psi after a cleaning and I usually wait till it rises to 15 psi to clean again. With so much surface area that can mean cleaning at about 6 weeks, although I sometimes feel guilty about going that long so I probably average 1 per month. I have a pool cage so your results will be different. My previous pool had a way smaller filter and it need cleaning all the time, a PItA.

Thanks I upgraded to the 460sqft filter. Also I will plan on brushing.

Well I haven't been on in awhile but basically we are at another milestone in the pool build and have gone through some frustrating times and we don't even have a hole in the yard yet.

After signing the contract the next day the builder sent me all the info I needed to get an application to my HOA. The builder told me that I needed HOA approval before the city would issue a permit on the house. I sent that off the next day. About a week and a half later one of my neighbors in the cul-de-sac (who is on the HOA board) asked me when they were going to start digging. I told him I was waiting on the HOA approval before we could get permits from the city. He said he would call the guy who does that for me (they use a 3rd party company). He called him and he said he needed more info and was mailing that to me. I didn't have a clue what he could have needed because I sent everything on the form they required. My neighbor asked me for my email and said he would have the guy email me the letter instead to make it faster so I gave it to him.

The next day I got an email with the letter. The letter stated that they couldn't process my request until they received payment for $1125. I sent a check with that amount with the application so I emailed me back and said that I already sent a check. He then emailed me back and said they sometimes lose checks and would check into it. I called him the next day and he told me that they still hadn't found it. I gave him more info about the check# etc... so he could try to find it. Then I asked him if this would hold up my pool acceptance and he said he would go ahead and forward the application to the committee. I explained that if he didn't find the check I would have to issue a stop payment on it and would expect them to reimburse me for that. He agreed.

So then it took a couple more weeks and the builder told me he was going to file for a permit with the city. I thought he told me that they needed the HOA approval first. Well turns out the city and the HOA accepted the pool on the same day today. Next week we pick out finishes and I am not sure when they come out to paint the pool on the ground but I am hoping it starts moving soon since I have permits!

So glad I don't have a HOA!

I do what I want when I want! :mrgreen:

It is really feeling like we are going to get a pool now. We have an outline! I have a pool builder meeting today when we go over the process. We are probably going to change the pool outline a bit because the far end seems a bit squeezed. Plus we want to have the shelf be the first step not the second and we'll just move a step down to keep the shelf the same size.

PoolOutline_zpsfwtriu6z.jpg

Well at some point in my life maybe my PB will actually start digging. It has been a long process to get to this point but believe it or not we were told Wed or Thurs depending on the weather to start. There has been lots of growing issues with my PB and the construction guy not meshing well with the designer. Basically the designer is pushing the envelop for a lot of builds and the builder isn't used to doing things that way. Oh well that's life.

Anyway my pool has been painted twice. The kids like to pretend "swim" in it. I'll stand out grilling and watch them. Hopefully soon they'll really be able to swim!

Deck.jpg
KidsSwimming.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.