has any one seen the new clorox pool/spa chemicals

ran736

Feb 24, 2015
dunedin
they have a stabilizer i am thinking of using in my vinyl pool just installed the pool about a month ago they also have some test strips i bought any thoughts on this? i have put in chlorine from the pool store about a half gal at a time and test with the strips and test with the strips i also have a solar cover on the pool it is a 21 foot pool sand filter with a 1 hp pump it is around 10000 gal pool the strips measure tot hardness tot chlorine free chlorine ph tot alk and stabilzer
thanks!!!

Welcome to TFP !
Yes we've seen the Clorox products and they contain stabilizer which isn't all that bad until you reach a certain point with your stabilizer (CYA) level. When that level gets out of range you have hard time keeping your FC in the proper range for the CYA level and you end up with an algae outbreak.
Now with all that said I'm going to ask you to do some reading in Pool School. Here are a few good articles that will help you understand your water chemistry.
ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
How To Chlorinate Your Pool
Recommended Levels
Now about the test strips. They are not a good way to test your pool water. They're not accurate enough for the job. These are the Test Kits that we recommend for water testing. One of these kits will give accurate test results that we trust to base our advice on. It's a must have to maintain your water chemistry to our standard's. The TF100 kit is the best value and the one I use along with many other members.
Do the reading and when you have questions don't hesitate to ask !

Clorox Active99™ are standard trichlor tablets. Trichlor occasionally has it's uses, but we don't recommend it for regular day to day usage.

Clorox XtraBlue® 3” Long-Lasting Chlorinating Tablets are roughly 70% trichlor and 30% other ingredients. In addition to the comments about trichlor above, we don't recommend using any product that combines several different chemicals/features. You have less control over dosing, adding things you don't need along with the things you do need, and it usually ends up costing more than purchasing the ingredients that you actually need separately.

Clorox XtraBlue® All-In-One® Chlorinating Granules appears to also be trichlor based. In addition to the commends on Clorox XtraBlue® 3” Long-Lasting Chlorinating Tablets we additionally don't recommend using granular trichlor because it dissolves too slowly. That can result in the granules sitting on the pool surface and causing damage.

We don't recommend using test strips of any brand. Test strips are inherently imprecise and also tend to have just completely wrong problems too frequently to meet our trouble free criteria.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.