Broken Pump + Heading out of town

zeta77

Feb 28, 2015
St Pete Beach, FL
My pool pump blew out today after I had to reset a circuit breaker. A google search on maintaining a pool with a broken pump led me to several posts on the TFP forums and I gather it is just a matter of maintaining levels as best you can while waiting for repair and manually circulating the water.

However, I've got a few extra constraints:
1. I'm out of town most of next week, all of the following week and most of the week after.
2. I don't have any other pump to circulate the water.
3. I don't own any test strips.

My pool is about 15000 gallons and use(d) a SWG. I do have a tigershark pool vac but not sure how well it would help circulate.

I had my water tested this morning before the fiasco and levels are:
6 ppm free chlorine
7.7 pH
100 ppm Total Alkalinity
285 ppm Calcium Harrdness
45 ppm Stabilizer
2600 ppm salt

No CYA reading.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!

There isn't really much you can do aside from getting someone arranged to install a new pump and someone to oversee it.

Or have someone add liquid Chlorine (Bleach) while you are gone, and brush it a time or two per day. You just don't have many options.

If it gets bad by the time you get back, let us know if you want some help with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.