New member-SunnyBama

SunnyBama

Platinum Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Birmingham, Alabama
Hi everyone! I'm Joy from Birmingham, Alabama. This is a great site! I've already learned quite a bit. I'm a newbie to pool maintenance; I bought the pool in August 2014 and used PoolMath to keep it sparkly until I closed it for winter. Only a few weeks until I can get it opened, so I'm going to read up and research in the forums and Pool School to be ready! Keep up the great work!

Looks like you did it right: I wish I had done what you did. I started out last summer, and it was a nightmare before I found the right information (this site was my best source). It also cost me hundreds of dollars (fortunately not thousands) following bad advice from local pool stores in an attempt to keep my pool not-green. My turning point was late summer/early fall when I spent an entire weekend on a crash course in pool maintenance. From that point on, I've enjoyed the sparkly pool that you had the good sense to learn how to keep from the start. This site's Pool School is an excellent resource, as you've no doubt already learned. Enjoy the pool!