VtownTom's Pool Build....

Acid wash done yesterday and the fill started. Woke up this morning and it was full. According to the water meter, it's about 16K gallons. Had to do a little rounding off because it was running into the overflow, not sure how long it was doing that. Anyway, here's one picture from yesterday afternoon.....

100_6722.jpg

Checkout my photo link for more pics....

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... 0Progress/

The fill actually started yesterday morning around 10-11am. So, it was probably longer than 15 hours. Like I said, it was going thru the overflow when we woke up around 6 this morning so I'm not really sure exactly when it became full.

Tom,

Your pool looks great! It looks like they finished it ahead of schedule.

I'm courious about your filter operating pressure. Did you get the Quad-DE 100 filter? What is the pressure at when the pump is running at full speed (3450 rpm)? I can't get mine below 22 lbs even after backwashing. That seems too high and I don't think my return flow is as good as it should be.

Mark-

We have a cartridge filter, don't have the model number in front of me right now....but....it was only today that somebody from Castlerock came by and started the pumps and shocked the water. So, I won't be able to compare specs with you. But, I'll gladly tell you anything else after we've had our pool school, which is supposed to be at the end of this week.

A side note, my wife was ****** at the greenish water color right after the fill. I tried to explain that after it's filtered and the chemicals are balanced, it will look bluer. I guess she'll have to wait til it actually happens. Did they give a test kit? If so, have you started testing your water yet? That's the only thing I'm worried about, getting the water chemical balance right.

-Tom

Tom, the pool and materials you picked out look really nice, especially with the house. Great choices...glad you have water and are nearly done. :goodjob: We got gunited last Tuesday (CastleRock, too), but also knocked out our cable until yesterday..just as I was going to start putting up pics. Gotta re-do my Photobucket..it deleted 40 of my pics..argh. Congrats!

Thanks Pisces....

Castlerock was at our house yesterday to fix a minor plumbing issue (the whirlpool jets in the spa were "sucking" instead of blowing water). Once that was fixed, they installed all the jets in the spa. Fired up that heater too. The wife and myself had just returned from a school meeting and we both stayed home from work to enjoy the spa and play around with the controls. Later on in the day, James and Ted were over to give us our "pool school" Showed me how to perform all the tests that the test kit can do, we talked about many things I already knew from this website. I still am not 100% familiar with all the valving and that darn control panel gives me a headache everytime I think I've figured it out. We've noticed that some of the gunky stuff from the pebbletec was lodged in some of the piping. Last night, I was messing around with the LED lights. Those things were worth it, especially since my wife really wanted them. She's happy, I'm happier.

All in all, we're very pleased with the whole pool building experience, especially the builder Castlerock Pools and Spas out of Katy, TX. Now we'll see how their warranty work is performed. Hopefully, we won't have to esperience too much of that though. Now....on to becoming an expert water tester.....

Happy for you here, too. Yeah...I don't look forward to figuring out the control panel stuff...I'll make engineer husband do that part. :wink: I've done the design part..he can fool around with the technical stuff. Although...gotta say...after reading this site for hours and hours...I want to be in charge of the test kit! :whip: Enjoy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.