Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VtownTom's Pool Build....

1. Back To Top    #1

VtownTom's Pool Build....

Well, today was the day they finally dug the big hole in my new backyard. We closed on our newly built home last week. We wanted to have the dig happen the next day, but mother nature got in the way and gave us some rainy days. Fast forward to today and they've finished all the digging. Gunite is supposed to happen some time next week. I'm hoping everything goes as smooth as possible.

-Tom

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/100_6116.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/100_6131.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/100_6138.jpg
    Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: VtownTom's Pool Build....

Congratulations Tom. If the weather holds out you will be surprised how fast you get to gunite. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. The Bobcat was a lot of fun to watch. It looks like you have the same crew we did.

If you click on the IMG Code link in Photobucket for the picture you want to show you can just paste it into your post. You have to enable BBCode to. You can set that up as a default in your TFP profile.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

3. Back To Top    #3

Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the picture posting advice Mark. I was able to do what you said and get some pics on this forum. I'm hoping for not much rain so we can get the gunite process completed. With Gustav coming, I'm not so sure we can do that. We'll see.

-Tom

5. Back To Top    #5

Tom,
    When you get a chance post your pool specs in your signature. Looking good so far. Keep posting those pics.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

6. Back To Top    #6

How big is it and what are the depths you are planning? K

7. Back To Top    #7

Tom,

Have ya'll moved into your new house already? Or, are you waiting for the pool to be finished? Have they started the steel work yet?
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

8. Back To Top    #8

The pool is approx. 31' x 22' with the 8' dia. spa. Depths 3' - 4.5' - 6'

We haven't moved into the house yet. It's pretty hectic right now. New fridge, washer and dryer won't be delivered until Sept. 23rd. We're bringing the kids to their new bus stop so it's messing up my work schedule a bit.

Rebar is complete and a good portion of the plumbing was complete yesterday. Supposed to shoot gunite today. Not sure, gotta talk to constr. super. Hopefully I'll post more pics tonight.
    -Tom

9. Back To Top    #9

It seems to be moving right along. You're lucky not to have to live through the mess. We never use the front door so the mess was in our face every day. Look forward to seeing the progress pictures.
    Landmark's pool build

10. Back To Top    #10

Couldn't ask for a better shape for a pool
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

11. Back To Top    #11

OK....rebar was done last Friday and gunite done today. Gonna try to re-post pic links since I created new folders in my photobucket account.....

Dig:

Rebar:

And before I get asked, yes, they raised the rebar on the bottom before they left for the day. I just never got any pictures of that. Also, I realize somebody might say something about the wood beneath the rebar....doesn't worry me. After going thru the build process of the house, I'm not so anal anymore.

Gunite: (they had already been there for about 5 hours when I arrived):

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks great! Gotta love those spas...thanks for the pics of progress! Hoping for great weather for you...fingers crossed!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

13. Back To Top    #13

Well, I kinda already posted this link on Landmark's post.....

The equipment is installed and pressure tested and the electricians are there today doing their thing. Here's a link if ya wanna check out some pics...

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... 0Progress/

-Tom

14. Back To Top    #14

Forgot to add....

The wife and I picked out materials/colors last Friday.

Oklahoma Wister is the color of the flagstone, the tan color is what we chose for the Kool Deck coating. I can't explain the color of the waterline tile, sorta grayish with a green patina, pretty nice looking. For the plaster we ended up going with PebbleTec Tropical Breeze...

http://www.pebbletec.com/product_swatch ... breeze.jpg

After talking to the builder, we decided to go with the PebbleTec vs. the WetEdge. Had mostly to do with the company actually applying the plaster really (same company that did the gunite, supposed to be very reputable). Anyway, my wife really liked the colors and that' all that matters to me.

15. Back To Top    #15

Yesterday (Monday the 15th) I couldn't believe it when my wife called to tell me that there was a crew at our house to work on the pool. They started cutting and shaping the flagstone for the stacked flagstone portions of our pool. They also pumped the water out of the gunite shell and the pipe trenches. No pictures, they still have much cutting to do, maybe today.....

16. Back To Top    #16

posted more pics of pool build. Flagstone is getting installed right now.

more pics....

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... mber%2020/

17. Back To Top    #17

It looks like things are progressing nicely. I like your flag stone choice. That is the one I wanted but my wife liked the buckskin better. So you know which one we got.

The pool has been a little chilly but it sure is nice to fire up the spa after a long day cleaning up from the storm.
    Landmark's pool build

18. Back To Top    #18

PB construction super. came by yesterday to do the "pre-interior finish" walkthrough with my wife and myself. Not too many things on the list. A piece of flagstone right in front of the door from our master bdrm to the deck has a high spot, causing slight pooling of water. Couple of deck drain gutter tie-ins missing stub of pipe and adapter. They had installed a drain on both ends of the pool, but they aren't in the deck. After some rain yesterday, we saw that they aren't needed, told them to cap those drains. My wife noticed tiny spots of missing mortar on the stacked flagstone wall. And, a couple of pieces of the stacked flagstone near the sap spillway need to be ground down, could hurt somebody's back if they sat in the spa there.

Overall, nothing major. Once the pebbletec and kooldeck are installed, they'll add future items to a punchlist. Hopefully, there will not be too many items on that list. I realize that even the best PB can take awhile to get back to somebody who has already paid them in full.

Here's the link to my pics. Will add new ones tonight.....

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... 0Progress/

19. Back To Top    #19

Took some new pics.....here's one of deck flagstone....

20. Back To Top    #20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast