Above Ground Pool Builders in MN

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
I am wondering if any Minnesotans can come out of hibernation and give me their opinion of where to start. We are needing to have the liner lifted (is it worth saving?) and the sand floor redone. It was installed in September 2011. We did not have the foam cove installed as we were told it was unnecessary so the installer made a sand cove. As you can see from the pics, the sand has settled around the floor supports and the bottom rim is no longer making contact with the sidewall. The area is extremely sandy (fine, fine sand) and I don't know if that is playing into it. I don't know if they used a compactor on the sand before installation. Thanks for your help.
IMG-20141019-00349.jpg IMG-20141006-00323.jpg

Hi blondemarcello,
Im afraid I cant help you, but here is a bump for you.
Maybe some will be along soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi blondemarcello,
Im afraid I cant help you, but here is a bump for you.
Maybe someone will be along soon.

I'm thinking about my pool and the plumbing I need to rework once it opens but I have an inground concrete/vinyl liner. There are two builders in our area, probably many more down in the Twin Cities area. Your best bet is to get several of them to come and have a look, give you estimates and go from there. I have had one of the builders/pool stores at my pool from this area and can only give them a C grade for their pool repair services and a D at best for their pool store/chemical sales operation. My neighbors are starting a build with this company and even with my limited knowledge of pool equipment and experience, I feel I had better advice to give on what equipment they should have included in the quote for build.

You can do this yourself and probably do a better job than what you'll pay for.

Sorry no one has thawed out yet to help. I was wondering if you got your pool fixed? Im in mn and am wondering if what I see is the same thing that happened to us. The pool wall came out of the track because the posts shifted and the rail sank.

Unfortunately, unless you have a doughboy pool, I think there is only one guy that does all the above ground pool install and repair work (JTS pools out of Stacy). You can call penguin pools but it is almost 3000.00 for them to do a liner replacement.

Hindsight after Dh and I tore our pool down last summer and the battle to fix it it may have been worth it to pay someone!

I can't tell you the arguments I had with the store formelry known as Wxxxon's. I told them the pool was installed on sand and this is what happens. They said this never happens. You are now case #2!

I had a gentleman, redo my floor, fix some of my walls and install a new liner and he did a fantastic job!! I would be more than happy to share his info, if your still looking, he came out and looked at my pool and was very honest on what he thought he could save, fix or repair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.