Bury This Brand of Pool?

Feb 26, 2015
Memphis, TN
Hi. Thank you for sharing your concerns for burring an above ground pool. These were very helpful in deciding whether or not I need to bury mine. Then, the other day came across this Medallion Pools Freedom Series above ground pool that is (according to manufacturer) designed to go completely in the ground. It seems that they address all the issues that you outlined. Can you please take a look at the link below and share your opinion on this? Thank you.

http://www.medallionpools.com/freedomabovegroundswimmingpools.htm

Sorry.

-The walls are not intended for such a purpose. The corrosive resistant coating is not meant for the rigors or being buried and exposed to mosture like that. In addition to this, the ph of the soil in many areas is acidic and will speed the corrosion of these thin walls.

-as was said above, this pool really cant be emptied. AG pools depend on the outward pressure of the water to maintain their strength. Once this is gone, the slightest amount of outside pressure will crush in the walls.

-aboveground skimmers and returns are not meant to hav outside pressure on them and will break very easily. AG skimmers are made of a much thinner material. An aboveground return cannot be properly resealed without access to the rear of the wall. If you cut the wall to adapt these to inground fittings the rust preventative coating is breached. In addition to this, any cutting of the wall is against manufacturer specifications

-manufacturer specifications usually list the maximum height you are permitted to bury AG pools at around 6 inches. Any violation of manufacturer specs leaves you open to civil liability in the event of an injury.

-inground pool kits can be purchased for around the same price as this project cost with a much better final product.

Im sure there is other stuff I am forgetting. I assumed that this pool was hard plumbed and AG hoses were not used underground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.