Intex Easy Set Pool Heater

Jul 1, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I have an 18'x48'' easy set pool that is in need of a heater. I am looking at a H100ID1 that someone but bought but never used. I have a gas hookup already there so I am assuming it won't take much to hook up. Any opinions on this unit or things I need to know about installation. I don't know to much about these but I am very handy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

It ought to be pretty straightforward. Double check that it's set up for whatever gas you have plumbed in, follow the safety guideline/set up instructions, and you should be good to go. It sounds new, so it should be in good working order. We had a similar pool always in the shade and there were times I wish I had gotten one of those. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. I have natural gas run for my bbq pit using a hose with quickconnect. I was curious if I could use the flex hose with quickconnect on the heater. Has anyone done this or would it even work? Also does anone have any experience with the hayward H100? Reviews seem to be pretty mixed.

Thanks

I have one and it is a fairly simple heater. I am running mine off of a 3/8" line and it runs fine. I clocked the flow rate at the meter and it is right at 100,000. With a little care these seem to run fine in my area as I service a few of them. There are a few glitch things with them though. Mine first had a problem with the flow switch. I found I had to adjust it to register the flow thru the heater as it kept dropping out. The other problem I ran into on these and it did it on a few of them is there is a bad solder connection on the board. One customer ponied up $600.00 to replace theirs only to have the same problem happen about a year later. They heard I fixed mine and called me to fix theirs. as far as I know it is still running fine after 3-4 years. In the picture below, the white connector is where the problem occurs. The location where the pins solder to the board is where the bad solder connections are.

Good Day, the H100 is a great heater for this pool. Gas lines are sized from the meter. 0-25ft 1/2", 25-100 34", 100-200 1". Remember residential gas line carry what is called low pressure. .5psi on average. The hook up to the heater if using a flex line should be able cover 100,000 btu's at .5psi. Most flex lines at HD or Lowes will not do the job. Be aware. If borrowing of an existing line for some other gas appliance, you may starve the heater for gas. Dedicated line to the heater is recommended. Here is the link for the manual. http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/H-series-H100ID1-ABG1001.pdf Private message me if you want to talk on the phone. Leave a number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.