Concrete Pavers Question

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey...

Question for anyone experienced with concrete pavers.
I did my entire yard over about 7 years ago with a Cambridge Paver patio and pool surround.
I did not seal it.

Sun damage and general wear have really dullened the look of the pavers. They are toffee onyx color.
Is there a way to get some of that original look back, short of replacing them?

Looking online, I see some people suggest sealing them with a wet look sealer. But not sure what they looks like. If I blast them with a hose, they just look dark and colorless. Thats why I never did it before.
As they are drying from all that water, they do look fantastic. I would say right before they are completely dry... Maybe there is a sealer that gives them that look?

My other thought as a DIY project was to maybe just replace 100 at a time per season. :)
Pick them up with screw drivers in random places and replace. Repeat again next year. That will keep costs down, and hopefully not make it too obvious....

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Before you go replacing them, I would recommend using some TSP as a cleaner, and a really good power washer, 3000 psi or higher.
Cleaning and Powerwashing will do wonders on concrete.

There are several youtube videos you can google to give you an idea of how well it might work.

Do a small section and see if the results are acceptable to you. If so, clean the whole deck, let it dry and then seal it.

TSP is Trisodium Phosphate.
Available at Home Dept, Lowes, Hardware stores.

Works pretty good a getting into the concrete and working on the grime and discoloration.

I'm sure there are plenty of power washing pros around that can fix you up.
You will probably be amazed at how good it looks when they're done.

TSP is Trisodium Phosphate.
Available at Home Dept, Lowes, Hardware stores.

Works pretty good a getting into the concrete and working on the grime and discoloration.

I'm sure there are plenty of power washing pros around that can fix you up.
You will probably be amazed at how good it looks when they're done.

So I finally got around to doing my entire patio with a TSP / bleach / water mix.
Scrubbed them down with the solution, let it sit a bit, and washed them with a regular hose.

I am absolutely shocked at how good they look. If they don't look new, maybe they look a year old :)
You were 100% right. Thanks so much for the advice. I could not be happier!!!! You rock!!!

I will be having Belgard pavers installed this summer for pool decking. This is good information for me to know in a few years.

I've read about enhancers, but think that's usually mentioned with natural stone. Would an enhancer work on concrete pavers, also? Should I seal the pavers as soon as possible? Or is it just a matter of power washing them when needed like Mitch08?

Thanks so much! Take care. Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.