Pool quote - review

booboo

May 22, 2008
Marana AZ
Got this quote for a pool in Tucson AZ. I think it has the equipment we are wanting but it is very hard to understand. Any comments?

The price seem way high to me. For example $985 for a 1HP single speed pump. We are planning on shopping around but want to make sure we compare prices accurately (apples to apples) so we want to make sure we know exactly what we are being quoted.

View attachment 34457View attachment 34458View attachment 34459

While I see you are getting a bunch of rebates on the in-floor system ... they get mixed reviews. And I am not sure how much advantage there is with a VS pump, since the in-floor require higher flow rates in order to function properly.

What is the booster pump for?

I second Jasons question. What is the booster pump for?
And that price is indeed expensive IMO, for one.

A pressure side pool cleaner requires a booster pump, but the cleaner on your list is not a pressure side cleaner. The Sand Shark cleaner thats listed is a suction side cleaner and works off the main circulation pump.

I also dont understand some of the plumbing listed.
The pool does not need 2 1/2 or 3 inch plumbing, but there is an upcharge for it in the plumbing section for the pool.

The spa does need the larger plumbing, but he has plumbing for the spa listed seperately. I would ask for clarification for that.

I have an in-floor system, and I love it. My system has its own dedicated pump so there is no additional pressure drop associated with having a filter in the circuit. I recommend you contact the manufacturer of the cleaning system and ask what they recommend. I did that for mine, and they were quite helpful.

You definitely do not need an additional cleaner with you ICS.

You also might want to get quotes from 1 or 2 other pool builders so you can compare pricing and equipment options. (Of course, don't share the quotes with the other PBs!!!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.