Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 and sand

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 and sand

We just built a new inground gunite pool. 15K gallons,SWG. The Polaris 280 does not do a good job with sand and dirt that gets in the pool from the surrounding landscaping. There is a ring of sand/dirt around the bottom perimeter after the Polaris cleans. Will the Polaris sand/silt bag be better? Is it worth the $35? I recently bought a pool vac to help this but its a pain and thats why we got the Polaris. Anyone use the sand/silt bags? Thanks
    21 x 41 Oval AGP (24,000 Gallons)
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 280 and sand

I had a similar problem, when my polaris wasn't working (Our pool backs up to a middle school track, lots of dust gets kicked around.) If it is an ongoing problem, then I would see what people say about the silt bag. Otherwise, I found that a good vacuuming with a skimmer sock in my leaf canister did the trick.
    17K gallon in-gound pool, black plaster, Polaris 380, cartridge filter system

3. Back To Top    #3

The silt bag works a LOT better. Mine doesn't leave anything visible behind. You can find them on Ebay much cheaper than the pool store. 8)
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, just ordered a new one on Ebay for $20. I will let you know how it works.
    21 x 41 Oval AGP (24,000 Gallons)
    Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

You'll love it. I don't ever vacuum the pool because the Polaris doesn't leave anything behind. 8)
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280