Any issue with Concrete table and chairs in pool?

Mar 21, 2011
I saw a photo of my friends pool and loved that he had built in table next to the side ledge. He told me that it was not built in but just a garden variety outdoor concrete table. I thought that was a brilliant idea! I had been thinking about building some custom welded aluminum chairs and a table to sit in the shallow end of the pool to sit under and read, perhaps with an umbrella holder. Well that take a lot of time and money, but concrete would be simple.

My thoughts are to cast a concrete base and top, along with three simple concrete stools (just round cylinders. Once dry, seal them and in the pool they go. I would add some type of silicone or rubber mat between the two surfaces to prevent wear and perhaps to help with leveling if there needs to be. Any thoughts on issues with this setup? I know the pool cleaner would have some issues, but otherwise?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.