Spa pump motor wiring pinout?

kj5kb

Aug 8, 2010
SW of Kansas City
I "inherited" a 20 year old Morgan Spa with a recent move. It has a controller that is older than the Spa (dated 1982). It was running continuously on high speed til I shut off the main breaker a few weeks ago...big mistake. A few days ago the outside temp was going down to the single digits and water temp was 40F so I turned I back on....nothing. Figured the pump might be on a delay so I let it run. Came out to check it later and found water pouring out of the controller chassis! The heater which was part of the controller burst a seam somewhere.

So anyway...I'd like to leave the pump running on low speed. What's the typical plug pinout for a 2 speed motor? I'd like to direct wire the low speed connections and leave it that way til Spring when I will replace the spa pack/heater/pump. No one will use the spa during that time.

Thanks! Don

Understood. That's my backup plan if I can't figure out the plug wiring, and may be what I have to do. Is there any standardization in the wiring of the plugs to the controller? Was hoping to scavenge the socket from the controller, and just rewire it on low full time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.