Pool deck separation from tile

Feb 20, 2015
Bakersfield CA
Our '96 pool is exhibiting similar issues to this post http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/88284-Gaping-between-mastic-and-tile

Unfortunately, I think ours is a little further along. There was a leaky sprinkler that I repaired on the other side of the pool deck right across from the widest separation (see the second photo). I'm thinking that was the main cause of the issue. Now I'm wondering what would be a good fix on the pool side to fill that gap. A fiberglass rod will go back about 12" before I hit something solid.

-foam backer rod with silicone caulk over it?
-expanding foam further back in to provide support then the backer rod and silicone?

Thoughts?

I'll try to attach photos. (I know the tile needs cleaning and the lawn needs to be mowed too.)
close-up of deck
045_zps0e1gkgdq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

044_zps8pzhyc4l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's a process called slab jacking that might be a good solution for you. Holes are drilled into the concrete (about 3/4" diameter) and then grout is pumped through the holes to hydraulically lift the deck back to level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.