How much lube to use ?

You gotta get that just right. I assume it is in pool plumbing somewhere? Don't need a bunch extra squeezing out. Really the goal is just enough to get it to slide into place without binding up.

I am trying to find out where I am getting air from because my pump basket gets a good amount of air in it. I've already replaced the drain plug O-Rings, and put Teflon tape on them. Today I cleaned and re-lubed the basket o-ring.. but I'm still getting air. I've tried both sparing and generous amounts of lube but neither makes a difference. Next I'll have to try replacing the O-rings on my 4 month old jandy "neverlube" valves for the main drain and skimmers. Brand new pool, but PB ceased all communication and all of his techs claim it's normal operation. You should see how much air gets in there. It's definitely not normal.

I can't imagine that it is a pump o-ring or valve issue. Much more likely that it is between the skimmer and the pump or main drain and the pump. Can you isolate one or the other? Might help narrow it down.

Lube enough to get the job done no more/no less.

You can use running water (steady stream/not full blown jet), over the fittings/connections to help isolate the leak, or shaving cream, foaming/not gel.
Run water/or place shaving cream on fittings and such, keep an eye on the basket and watch for the air bubble to dissipate, go slowly.

With the shaving cream you can watch it get sucked into the leak.

I can't imagine that it is a pump o-ring or valve issue. Much more likely that it is between the skimmer and the pump or main drain and the pump. Can you isolate one or the other? Might help narrow it down.

Makes no difference whether it's set for main drain or one or the other skimmer, I still get air and turbulence. I'll have to try the shaving cream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.