Flattened wheels on new Nautilus....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
just got my new Nautilus in about an hour ago. unpacking it, I discovered this...

is this a problem? im thinking its a problem.....

IMG_20150219_112808010_HDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gtnos,

I recently bought a Dolphin, can't remember model number, but it had the exact same issue. I thought for sure I was going to have to send it back. The "wheels" as you call them, were hard as a rock and deformed just like yours. I put the unit in the pool and they softened right up and return to their natural shape. So, my guess it that yours will too.

Jim R.

awesome... thanks! my pool is still under winter cover and I dont plan on uncovering it for about 6 more weeks (weather contingent) so I dont have a way to test this unit right now which is why im concerned. maybe if I wet the wheels in the sink....

- - - Updated - - -

yup! that done it! thanks! man I love this site.... it probably would have taken a 30 minute hold on the phone with Maytronics to find out that I didnt know what I was talking about... :lol:

Same thing for me, and yeah, they will soften up and get the right shape to them.

If you store it for a while without using it, put something under the Filter housing so the full weight of the robot isnt on the scrubbers.

just got my new Nautilus in about an hour ago. unpacking it, I discovered this...

is this a problem? im thinking its a problem.....

IMG_20150219_112808010_HDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Whew! Very glad I found this thread. Thank you for the replies and photos. Why oh WHY hasn't Mayfair/Dolphin included a little slip of paper in the box saying something like "Flat wheels? Don't worry! They are sponges, and will take the proper shape once in the water."

They are just sponges, like any sponge, when they get wet they will go back to their shape. Plus they are only there to potentially help climbing ability and on 80% of pools likely wouldn't be needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.