Wetedge installation

landmark218

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 17, 2008
League City, TX
We have been patiently waiting (although my patience is wearing thin :grrrr: ) for our pool to be plastered. We were scheduled for Friday 8/15 but the PB didn't finish the clean up on schedule so it was put off until the following Monday. Well on Saturday the rains began for the first time in nearly a month. After 5 days of rain we finally got a break. Now after 6 mostly sunny days the PB says the pool still isn't in a condition for plaster installation. The issue is that water is still seeping into the pool around the suction lines for the waterfalls. It isn't a lot of water coming in but the gunite below the pipes is still wet. There has been a lot more water coming in from the vent holes in the bottom of the deep end but they aren't concerned about that. With a hurricane heading for the gulf early next week we are afraid that summer could be over before the pool gets finished.

Is a small amount of water seeping in around the plumbing really a concern or is the PB stringing us along?

This is the area they are concerned about
P8270060.jpg

Landmark -

We had WetEdge applied two weeks ago ... after 8-10 days of promises of "tomorrow..."

We experienced some of the same issues you seem to be having. Part of our delay was U** Plaster (are they doing yours?) getting behind on their schedule due to all the rains at that time. At one point I was conference-called w/ my PB and the owner of U**, so that my PB could prove to me that it wasn't his fault.

The owner of the plaster company said that they were behind due to many of the pools "weeping" - the water table being so wet and coming back into the pools. I'm assuming that it is a concern as they warranty that finish for the lifetime of the pool. I know they were trying to find two days in a row where they thought we'd have decent enough weather to plaster and acid wash the next day.

As it worked out, they plastered our pool 1st thing on a Friday morning. (Arrived at 6:40 am, and were driving away at 10:30. Around 3 pm that same day, they started prepping and acid washing the pool. I started filling the pool by 4-5 on Friday, and pulled the hoses out around 11 pm on Saturday night). We had our first swim on Sunday the 10th.

The hardest part of the whole two month process was the last week and a half. Hang in there. Your pool is gonna be great.

Thanks for the encouragement Mocity. They showed up a little after 8:00 am and hit the ground running. P*** Works is doing our WetEdge. We're getting the Pearl Matrix in Tropical Mystic. I tried to verify it with they crew that showed up first but they didn't know what we were getting. He said the boss would be out later.

Now off to check out your updates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.