Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wetedge installation

1. Back To Top    #1

Wetedge installation

We have been patiently waiting (although my patience is wearing thin ) for our pool to be plastered. We were scheduled for Friday 8/15 but the PB didn't finish the clean up on schedule so it was put off until the following Monday. Well on Saturday the rains began for the first time in nearly a month. After 5 days of rain we finally got a break. Now after 6 mostly sunny days the PB says the pool still isn't in a condition for plaster installation. The issue is that water is still seeping into the pool around the suction lines for the waterfalls. It isn't a lot of water coming in but the gunite below the pipes is still wet. There has been a lot more water coming in from the vent holes in the bottom of the deep end but they aren't concerned about that. With a hurricane heading for the gulf early next week we are afraid that summer could be over before the pool gets finished.

Is a small amount of water seeping in around the plumbing really a concern or is the PB stringing us along?

This is the area they are concerned about
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wetedge installation

Landmark -

We had WetEdge applied two weeks ago ... after 8-10 days of promises of "tomorrow..."

We experienced some of the same issues you seem to be having. Part of our delay was U** Plaster (are they doing yours?) getting behind on their schedule due to all the rains at that time. At one point I was conference-called w/ my PB and the owner of U**, so that my PB could prove to me that it wasn't his fault.

The owner of the plaster company said that they were behind due to many of the pools "weeping" - the water table being so wet and coming back into the pools. I'm assuming that it is a concern as they warranty that finish for the lifetime of the pool. I know they were trying to find two days in a row where they thought we'd have decent enough weather to plaster and acid wash the next day.

As it worked out, they plastered our pool 1st thing on a Friday morning. (Arrived at 6:40 am, and were driving away at 10:30. Around 3 pm that same day, they started prepping and acid washing the pool. I started filling the pool by 4-5 on Friday, and pulled the hoses out around 11 pm on Saturday night). We had our first swim on Sunday the 10th.

The hardest part of the whole two month process was the last week and a half. Hang in there. Your pool is gonna be great.
    20,000 gal SWG Freeform Pool, flagstone coping
    12" Raised Bond Beam w/ 6 ton Moss Rock Waterfall
    30' Moss Rock Weeping Wall, 39 sq ft Spa w/ stacked stone spillway
    Jandy equip pkg: 2 HP Stealth pool pump, 460 Cartridge filter
    1.5 HP Booster pump 2 LED pool lights, 1 LED spa light,
    Aqua Link PS6 PDA Wireless controller
    400K BTU Laars LX1 Heater, Polaris 280 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wetedge installation

Thanks for the encouragement Mocity. They showed up a little after 8:00 am and hit the ground running. P*** Works is doing our WetEdge. We're getting the Pearl Matrix in Tropical Mystic. I tried to verify it with they crew that showed up first but they didn't know what we were getting. He said the boss would be out later.

Now off to check out your updates.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.