New Heater or Heat Pump

mcripe

Feb 17, 2015
El Cajon Ca
Okay need some advise……

Looking to put in a heat pump and gas heater in parallel or ? I live in San Diego so weather is generally warm and pool is 20K gallons. All the equipment currently in place is not working so i'm starting over.

I've got a large solar (electrical) system that basically produces more electricity than i use. Would a heat pump, to keep the pool at 80ish and a small gas heater to quickly get the jacuzzi up to 100 work?

Heat pump is very slow below like 75 degrees outside air. If it's in the 60s here and I want to heat my Spa from 70 degrees to 98, it's an hour and a half or more. If you can wait than its probably good for you since you aren't paying for electric. Probably be better to get solar heat and use the heat pump to supplement if needed. If electric is free for you, I would steer clear of gas, it's pricey.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.