Simple Tile and White Plaster Update

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Hi all,

I've attached some pics of a simple tile and plaster upgrade I recently had done at a rental house in Bedford, TX (DFW area). Things went pretty smoothly except when it came to the plaster dust. There was just none to speak of. I brushed twice a day for seven days and not once did I see anything which looked to me like "dust". I cleaned the filter while the water was filling up and put in fresh DE as soon as I could turn the pump on. Filter pressure started at 10 lbs. and three weeks later it is maybe 11 lbs. The plaster contractor put in a half gallon of "Startup-TEC". Either something is wrong or this stuff works great!! You can see the bottle in some of the pics.

111_zpsjeashp6r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
099_zpsnlr11glc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Plenty of loose plaster

015_zps4kav0ytr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
013_zpsiisst5a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
New plaster going down

034_zps1xxn0sly.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
033_zpsjxgy0nld.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Nothing but A**holes and elbows for a while

085_zps4rdl4ohu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
105_zpsge0mf6xv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Water going in.

019_zpsub8v0srh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Just fit...

Thanks for looking,

Jim R.

Kpag,

It took three days. One day to remove the tile, knock off the loose plaster and put on a base coat. One day to install the new tile, and one day to plaster. For the most part they were only there about 4 to 6 hours each day. Not sure how old the pool is, but the coping is the original. It appears to be cast concrete, made for this application. I've seen it on several old pools, so it is not unusual.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.