dirt and sediment in spa

Guys - I've recently noticed my spa getting dirt and sediment sitting on the bottom. I've emptied the spa and vacuumed it but after running the pump the dirt returns. Pool guy came around and said it just needed vacuuming. I'm not sure how these things work but it seems strange to me that the pool is clean and the spa dirty. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Thanks

Is there water returning to the spa that bypasses the filter? That would be pretty bizarre. The spa usually does not get that goot of circulation in a spill-over mode, so heavier dirt will tend to gather in the spa. You may notice it more because you are not running a cleaner in the spa, like you probably are in the pool.

You could just occasionally run in spa mode and brush the dirt into the drains.

Post up pictures of your plumbing if you have questions about how it works.

When I have my pool open for the summer I have my system programed to turn the spa mode on for 15 minutes each day. I also run the spa jets for 5 minutes and the blower for one minute at the beginning of this cycle. This gets fresh chlorine in all the pipes and also stirs everything up and allows the spa main drains to filter all of the water. When my spa isn't in spa mode the water just fills from the bottom of the spa to allow a spill over.

Hi Guys - anyone have any thoughts on this? My spa is just collecting dirt. I had a filter service about a week ago and I assumed that would have taken care of it but it hasn't and the pool guy doesn't seem able to contribute with a solution. He did return and looked at the spa for a second added some more DE which didn't return to pool or spa so says that "we don't have any holes". He now wants me to pay him to troubleshoot. Anyone have an idea what might be causing dirt in the pool? Thanks

If you never have any suction coming from the spa and brushing into the drain, then dirt is going to collect there.

Can't follow the plumbing with just the one picture.

do you have raccoons in the area? they are known to "wash up" in pools and/or spas at night. also birds bath in them.
I have a spa vac that I use when it gets bad. it works pretty good for that. its called catfish. basically an underwater style dustbuster on a stick. under $100.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.