Difference readings with different test kits

Jan 1, 2015
Richland
I have a Taylor K-2006 kit that I use for everything except testing Bromine. I bought a Rainbow Lifegard kit that only tests pH and Bromine. When I tested pH using the Taylor and the Rainbow, I got drastically different readings. Taylor read 7.4 and Rainbow read above 8.4. The Bromine readings were also very high. So I bought another brand of Bromine/pH kit (Hydrotools Swimline). That also very high for pH and Bromine. Now I wonder if the Bromine reading is higher than what it actually is. However, I used a Aqua Check strip and also got a high reading. So I'm guessing the Bromine is accurate, but the pH isn't. Have you seen this issue before?

260 gal., outdoor, cartridge filter, well water.

Different PH tests are buffered more or less effectively against chlorine/bromine interference. Taylor uses much more effective buffering, so it will still work at much higher chlorine/bromine levels than the Rainbow kit will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.