Ph bounce what should my ta be?

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys,

I'm struggling with the constant oh rise in my pool. Usually my ta is around 60-70 and my ph will bounce up every 2 days or so and I have to us acid to bring it down. I noticed the other day my ta had dropped real low to 20ppm, but when my ta was low I had no ph bounce...is there a reason that a lower ta can help with my ph moving every couple of days? I have a swg and the pools about 32000 gallons.

I'm trying to get ready for a slam to clean the pool out so my levels are currently. Don't know if the levels help but here they are. Thanks in advance.

Fc 0ppm
Cc 0ppm
Ta 60-70ppm
Ph 8.0 or higher
Ch ?

Yes, almost certainly TA related. Higher TA levels, and lower PH levels both make the PH go up (when there is a source of aeration, such as a SWG).

You don't really want TA below 60 unless you are using borates, at which point you can lower TA to 40.

In many pools the PH will stabilize around 7.8 when TA is 60, though depending on the amount of aeration, that is not always low enough TA for things to stabilize. You can help things stabilize by not lowering the PH much below 7.8, and by not raising the TA above 60.

Ok thank you. I am preparing to slam the pool, should I lower the ph below 7.8 to slam? I also have a fountain/sprayer attacked to my return jets. Would this also be the cause for my ph rise?

Yep you want to lower your PH into the low 7's for SLAMing. 7.2 is ideal.
Yes your fountain sprayer will contribute to PH rise as it is considered aeration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.