eggman's pool build - finished January 8, 2009

Re: eggman's pool build

Putting down the Spraydeck texture:

PoolDig145.jpg

Color to follow.

Pool school later this afternoon.
Final cleanup tomorrow.

I'll be talking to the landscapers next week.

Very nice! Glad you've had the good weather to finish up. Hey, you're water's already looking nice and clear. Congrats on being close to complete. Interested in seeing your landscaping, too. Hey...it's so lonely around TFP right now, I can almost hear an echo when I type. :( Guess that's the thing about a fall/winter build. Just letting you know we're all still watching! :mrgreen:

Your pool looks amazing eggman! 8)

Congratulations!

The cleanup crew has come and gone. These will probably be the last picture updates until the landscaping is in:

PoolDig147.jpg

PoolDig150.jpg

I love the way the water changes color as the sun goes through its day, here it is near dusk.

PoolDig155a.jpg

The walkway is back in place and the equipment pad is right around the corner from the patio.

PoolDig151.jpg

Our PB, Pearland Pools, did an absolutely incredible job, we could not be happier with the results.

All the landscaping bids weren't solicited after Christmas had come and gone. We got 3 estimates and wound up going with Jeff Burke at Budget Landscaping in Friendswood, TX. He had done the landscaping for two of our friends who had pools put in and came highly recommended.

Linky Thing: Budget Landscaping Website

Jeff did and incredible job for a very reasonable price.

Our oasis is complete:

Starting with the view out our back door:

PoolDig178.jpg

PoolDig180.jpg

PoolDig181.jpg

PoolDig190.jpg

PoolDig192.jpg

Someone pinch me ... I can"t believe that this is our backyard.

that is so beautiful....I really enjoyed viewing all the pictures!!!

congrats!!!
chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Eggman! What a good thread this is,lovely pictures. I went through it again and the skills of your crew is is really striking.
Another thing that pop up is your pool and it's shape fits in so perfectly in your yard, you must be pleased if I express myself carefully.

Are you in the position(weather wise) to use your pool at the moment?
I hope everything is great m8

Best regards
Mats

The grandkids went "swimming it the spa for the first time on Friday. They were due back on Saturday afternoon so I heated up the pool (from 78 to 88) to make it comfortable for them.

Although they were I no show I got in for the first time and spent about 90 minutes just floating around.

It was sooooooo incredibly relaxing ... . I believe the proper technical term it is "rotting" ... and I can see quite a bit of it in my future :-D

Welcome to Your Pool, Eggman!! It IS so incredibly relaxing, isn't it? Have you been in your spa? We broke ours in ...two weekends in a row, now...you can hardly get me out of the thing...Congrats on that beautiful back yard!!

BTW...did you have any pool flooding in those two big downpours? Ours flooded 2 weekends in a row, the 18th and 24th. Cleared up the pool pretty fast, but now we're building higher brick and stone barriers between the pool deck and the landscaping to try to contain the mulch and dirt a little better.

Pices

The pool overflowed both times. We had 6.5 inches in 10 hours on the first weekend and 6.1 inches in 3 hours on the second weekend .. the drains couldn't keep up. After the first rain the water was so murky that I couldn't see the second step and thought I had a ton of dirt and mulch washed in from from the landscaping. I left the filter on high overnight and could see the bottom in the morning. I backwashed the DE filter, reloaded it, and put in 3 gallons of 10% chlorine. It was blue again by the afternoon.

We had a 24' round by 4' deep aAG pool at our previous house and it would have taken me the better part of 10 days to get it back into shape ...

I love this pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.