eggman's pool build - finished January 8, 2009

Re: eggman's pool build

Thanks for the info Eggman!

I looked up if the were any european dealer but there weren't any in Sweden.
I wonder if you have to use a product that thick to get the pool sealed when you have constructed the pool the way you have done with the spray on concrete, or is it possible to get the job done with a epoxy based paint?
I have seen several poolprojects on youtube and it's fascinating how easy it looks to spray on the concret with a hose instead of building a stabil form to put the concrete in. If that way would be durable with our winters it would be a great and save a lot of work.

Looking forward to see pics from the decking and eventually the finished beauty:)

Regards

It's amazing how a bit of red cedar can clean a place up:

PoolDig093.jpg

PoolDig106.jpg

Hopefully, on to the decking pour on Monday - we have rain in the forecast Monday through Thursday.

Thanks Dude :lol: ... have you been able to figure out yet whether or not they blocked yours?

No pour yesterday .. too much rain. Weather report shows 60% - 70% chance off rain through Wednesday With the rain we've already had they're probably going to need at least 2 dry days in a row before they can get the job done ... oh well, now we wait.

eggman said:
Thanks Dude :lol: ... have you been able to figure out yet whether or not they blocked yours?

No pour yesterday .. too much rain. Weather report shows 60% - 70% chance off rain through Wednesday With the rain we've already had they're probably going to need at least 2 dry days in a row before they can get the job done ... oh well, now we wait.

Sorry to hear it. Down here, we're ecstatic about the rain...a few days relief from watering the shell 2x/day! Waiting is what it's all about. Just be glad it's November and not April/May. That's what I tell myself and frankly, why we pulled the trigger when we did. Nothing but time.

As to our rebar situation, still don't really know. Talked to the pool builders about it. They just can't/don't believe that their guys wouldn't block it. I like to think that as well. She said maybe I just didn't see them do it? Maybe. Looks like they want to just wait and see if anything happens rather than take a proactive stance on it. Said they guarantee their work, so not to worry. But I do worry. Not really sure what the best course of action is here. I'm not sure which is worse, non-blocked rebar or jackhammering the partially cured concrete up and repouring. Both have their positives and negatives, I'm sure.

Well, thanks for asking. Sorry to hijack your thread :) The rain will be over soon enough and you'll be on your way to getting that deck poured. I know how anxious you are to see it start pulling together. Again, your pool and backyard are looking great!

eggman,

Just curious since I couldn't tell from the pictures you posted:

1. Was the pool and decking rebar tied to other rebar with steel-tie wires? (meant to electrically bond the rebar together per 2005 National Electrical Code Article 680.26(B)(1)

2. Was the rebar of the pool and decking connected via #8 solid copper wire to other metal parts of the pool?

3. Were ALL metal parts bonded to each other?

National Electrical Code Article 680.26 is paraphrased at the link below on pdf pages 25 and 26. Figures 680-22 and 680-23 are good illustrations of what is trying to be accomplished.
http://www.mikeholt.com/files/PDF/Pooldownload.pdf

I didn't mean to nag, but it is a lot easier to check those things now instead of after the concrete has been poured. I know that your pool shell has already been poured, but it looks like your concrete decking hasn't been poured yet.

Your pool is going to turn out beautiful. Very nice layout.

TItanium

Titanium:
Just curious since I couldn't tell from the pictures you posted:

1. Was the pool and decking rebar tied to other rebar with steel-tie wires? (meant to electrically bond the rebar together per 2005 National Electrical Code Article 680.26(B)(1)

2. Was the rebar of the pool and decking connected via #8 solid copper wire to other metal parts of the pool?

3. Were ALL metal parts ponded to each other?
Titanium, Thanks for your concern and the heads up.

The answer to all 3 questions is Yes.

In fact, my PB gave me a fairly concise explanation of voltage gradients and why he was doing what he was doing when I asked him why he had "ground" wiring (#8 copper) strung all over the place.

32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"'- 5'3") 6'x9' Free From Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

eggman,

Good to know that your pool builder is conscientious about pool electrical bonding.

I'm not sure that I asked my question #1 from my previous post very well. Your pictures show rebar crossing each other perpendicularly but there are not any steel-tie wires anywhere in sight. All of these rebar crossings should be tied tightly together with steel tie wires. Maybe the tie wires were added after you took the picture?

I'm looking forward to more pictures. It is going to be a great pool!

Titanium

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Titanium

I'm not sure that I asked my question #1 from my previous post very well. Your pictures show rebar crossing each other perpendicularly but there are not any steel-tie wires anywhere in sight. All of these rebar crossings should be tied tightly together with steel tie wires. Maybe the tie wires were added after you took the picture?

Just went out back with a flashlight to check them ... every crossing in the rebar is tied.

Again, thanks. Since I'm not an expert, it's reassuring to know that my PB is getting the details right.

After a week of drying out and a day of a concrete no show .. we have a deck.

PoolDig107.jpg

PoolDig108.jpg

PoolDig109.jpg

PoolDig110.jpg

Things left to do:

Tomorrow: Pebblesheen
Thursday: Acid wash and buff the Pebblesheen / begin filling pool
Friday: Install flagstone deck trim
Monday: Spray Deck / Clean up
Tuesday: Startup / Pool School

Soon: Landscaping

Congrats on getting Deck Part One finished! Glad it stopped raining and dried enough to do it...new fence is looking good...I have "combination" fence now...old and new. Also like the serpentine design of the raised bond beam...overall very nice looking design! Pearland Pools has done a great job for you. Can't wait to see the PebbleSheen pics...you're almost there! :-D

Congrats to a very nice deck. I really like they way your made theme over there. Overall, people who works with pool building and concrete seems to be very skillful. Impressing results :)

Glad to see the water finally going in. How long before you can heat up the spa?
We have a work order in with the Gas Company to swap out our 250 CFH meter for a 400 CFH meter ... due the requirements of the 400K BTU pool heater.

I'm also told that the Pebblesheen needs to set up for 3-4 weeks before you heat the spa - but I need to research this a bit more.

This afternoon:

PoolDig143.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.