eggman's pool build - finished January 8, 2009

Re: eggman's pool build

They've actually been out twice this week to start digging the electrical/plumbing ... both times the rains turned the trenches they were working on into moats.

This weekend is supposed to be high and dry .. so hopefully we'll see some more progress.

Friday
partlycloudy.gif

74° F | 56° F
Partly Cloudy

Saturday
clear.gif

79° F | 54° F
Clear

Sunday
clear.gif

79° F | 58° F
Clear

Due to some serious "life reaches up to grab you by the throat" events in the past 8-10 days we asked to PB to hold off .. and he did.

We were back in business today with the tile guys arriving after lunch and finishing up at around 6:00 PM.

PoolDig069.jpg

PoolDig070.jpg

PoolDig071.jpg

PoolDig072.jpg

Onward to the flagstone treatments for the coping, the spa and the raised beam:

Loving it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Finished with the flagstone ... decking next week:

PoolDig089.jpg

PoolDig093.jpg

PoolDig092.jpg

Things are really shaping up

32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"'- 5'3") 6'x9' Free From Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

Forms are set for the decking ... I talked with thePB last night and inspection is supposed to happen today with the deck pour on Monday

In the meantime, we have a fencing contractor coming in today and tomorrow to redo the fence. In case it wasn't evident, all the downed fence visible in my pics is the fruit of IKE. We're going ahead and replacing the whole thing.

I'll try to post pics tonight

The old fence is moved out and the posts for the new one are set - the new fence should be completed today.

Forms are set and inspection has been passed. The pour of the deck concrete is scheduled for Monday.

Flagstone border is scheduled for Wednesday.

PoolDig094.jpg

PoolDig096.jpg

PoolDig098.jpg

PoolDig103.jpg

It's beginning to take less and less imagination to see a really wonderful oasis

32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"'- 5'3") 6'x9' Free From Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

My first post!
Eggman what a nice looking pool you've got there, after seen this my own project seems a little dull in comparison. Anyway, I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind. How will you seal you pool, with Paint, or with something else? If so could you tell me wich brand you planning to use. I build a concrete pool myself and haven't decided yet how I should proceed with this. I'm in Sweden and have different weather condition to consider(to say at least) but it would be nice to know what you guys use.
Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.