Need help with outdoor pool lighting

Aug 5, 2014
Oviedo, FL
Pool construction is underway - just finished plumbing today! Need suggestions with lighting. We are having two lamp posts installed in two of the four corners of our pool/deck area (away from the house). The two corners closest to the house need light and the lamps would look awkward if they were installed next to the house.

Talked with an electrician and he said that installing sconces wouldn't work (basically mounting to the wall of our house) for lighting for the deck. He recommended lights in the soffits. We don't want bullet lights because we think that'll look tacky.

Any recommendations on outdoor ceiling mount lights that would look good mounted in soffits to be used as occasional deck lighting? Really stressing about this - help is very much appreciated.

My PB used Hayward LED color accent lights for my deck lights. They are integrated/networked with the pool lights so you can have light colors that coordinate with your pool. The wiring would ultimately have to go back to a transformer near your equipment pad. May not be an option you want to consider, but it looks pretty cool! You can control the brightness, color, color shows, etc.

My PB used Hayward LED color accent lights for my deck lights. They are integrated/networked with the pool lights so you can have light colors that coordinate with your pool. The wiring would ultimately have to go back to a transformer near your equipment pad. May not be an option you want to consider, but it looks pretty cool! You can control the brightness, color, color shows, etc.

Thanks for the idea - these look really cool. We decided to install conduit (from the deck underground to the breaker) for lamp posts. Now just to find reasonably priced lamp posts - we'll need 4.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.