Skimmer/cleaner for lots of leaves

Newz54

Mar 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Have an old pool approximately 19 x 40 that gets tons of leaves much of the year. They come from my neighbors tall hedges so not much I can do there but trim them to the property line. I want to replaster this year but am wondering be:Dfore I do that what the best solution is to deal with the leaves. What about a dragonfly with an inline lead canister? Can this work just plugging into the skimmer? I don't have a cleaner port. I probably should add a port at the same time as I replace the old copper lines. The pool is at least 40 years old.

Is the poolskim a better solution for lots of leaves? If I can catch 80 percent of the leaves before they sink I would be happy. Any suggestions?

Thanks. That is my issue. I don't want to fuss with it before my poolman comes every week. Is there something that has the capacity for a weeks worth of leaves. I have pulled out of my skimmer half a 5 gallon bucket of leaves.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

There is nothing that can go a week with a high leaf load. You should be emptying your skimmer every day ... while you are outside testing your water ;) :whip:

There was some contraption I saw that has a convertor belt that lifted the leafs out of the pool and into a basket ... it was ridiculously expensive, an eyesore, and likely did not actually work very well.

Depending on how you juggle low maintenance, cost, ease .... you could also consider using some black netting on your side of the hedge to keep the leaves from blowing into your yard. I have it attached to the wrought iron fence around my pool for privacy but it also helps to keep the leaves out from the two maples in my yard.

Something like: http://thediyoutlet.com/products/4-...fencing-mesh?gclid=CJT03qPv38MCFYRFaQodg30Afg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.