New pool high ph

I am a 1st time new pool owner of about 2 months. I am experiencing my ph rising continuously. Is this normal and will it settle down eventually for this plaster pebblesheen pool? All my readings seem good. I have a waterfall which I hardly run and a spa spill over that spills over into the pool which I run the pool filter pump 8 hrs a day on low 1725 rpm so it is more of a tricle over. I'm having to add a pint or two of acid about every 5 days to try to get ph down from 7.8-8 to 7.4-7.6.

I just took my readings using a taylor k2006 test kit

FC 1.6
Cc o
TA 90-100
CH. 300
Cya. 50-55

A pint or two every 5 days is no big deal. A new plaster pool will tend to have pH rise for the first year. A spillway will also cause the rise. Just stay on it and the TA will slowly drop and the pH will stabilize.

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking that and hoping to hear the same responses you gave. I am hoping it will stabilize at some point but in the mean time I am having fun running the test myself and seeing the effects of adding chemicals to get the desired results I want and need. I will just stay on it a couple times a week. One thing I have learned and am a true believer of is that a good test kit is essential to doing this yourself. I have taken two samples on the same day to two different pool stores of the same chain and got completely different results. I don't trust the pool stores readings!

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking that and hoping to hear the same responses you gave. I am hoping it will stabilize at some point but in the mean time I am having fun running the test myself and seeing the effects of adding chemicals to get the desired results I want and need. I will just stay on it a couple times a week. One thing I have learned and am a true believer of is that a good test kit is essential to doing this yourself. I have taken two samples on the same day to two different pool stores of the same chain and got completely different results. I don't trust the pool stores readings!

That's terrific! A lot of people here wind up feeling the same way and find it pretty rewarding testing and doing their own chemistry. I do for sure, and actually enjoy it. Unfortunately, you story with the store results is too common, but it sounds like you know all about that now. Glad you're aboard, and we hope you continue to stick around and enjoy the forum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.